RWD Vans

Members online

Arti

Always kept away from RWD Vans after getting stuck in the snow a few times with my 1St van so been looking at the transit customs with the medium/ high roof but lads seem to having them nicked every other week.

Anybody got a high roof new tranny or a new sprinter and what's your thoughts.

Cheers

Love
Arti Xxxxxx

Got the transit custom lwb high roof, cracking van had it nearly 3 years. Went for limited spec just because they hold their value better. Not really been put to the test yet only done 23k. Would like to see what they're like after 100k plus. Every make of van gets broke into and stole it's up to you how you protect it. If I was getting one in todays market I'd be getting the crafter. Had a rwd before just a nightmare when it snows like you say, had to carry concrete lintels on the wheel archs and bags of grit. Winters haven't been that bad since though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old boss got a lwb hi top transit RWD

it's on 85k and still drives like new. agree with it being rwd in crap weather it can be a bit unpredictable with no weight on it but id say a fwd tranny can be worse on anything but tarmac

old boss got a lwb hi top transit RWD

it's on 85k and still drives like new. agree with it being rwd in crap weather it can be a bit unpredictable with no weight on it but id say a fwd tranny can be worse on anything but tarmac
Saying that got my swb tranny stuck on a grass verge on Friday. Got the scaffy truck to pull me out ffs

I've just bought a new medium high roof transit,they don't make standard transits anymore, since the custom came along so it's one or the other.The standards are h2 now which are all medium roofs, it's a 310 130 ps Rwd i got it on offer for the same as a custom, 18,000 plus vat,trend spec,3m length in the back.
I also have a standard custom, which I wish I'd never bought as I've found there too small for us, I get most pallets of render delivered but getting our kit in a standard custom Has proved to be a ball ache

Last edited:
Got the transit custom lwb high roof, cracking van had it nearly 3 years. Went for limited spec just because they hold their value better. Not really been put to the test yet only done 23k. Would like to see what they're like after 100k plus. Every make of van gets broke into and stole it's up to you how you protect it. If I was getting one in todays market I'd be getting the crafter. Had a rwd before just a nightmare when it snows like you say, had to carry concrete lintels on the wheel archs and bags of grit. Winters haven't been that bad since though.

I've found the opposite front wheel drive vans are dross in winter, Slide all over the shop a rear wheel drive is better balanced Ive found as the power is better distributed,I live 1000ft above sea level so they get put to the test, I usually buy trend spec so somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:
I've found the opposite front wheel drive vans are dross in winter, Slide all over the shop a rear wheel drive is better balanced Ive found as the power is better distributed,I live 1000ft above sea level so they get put to the test, I usually buy trend spec so somewhere in the middle.

Know a few with the swb ones, and they all say they wish they'd of gone bigger. Cabs aren't great either. A few are going for the relays and boxers now, good workhorse and decent money. Ideal if your thinking of changing every few years, I just buy mine and keep them till they piss me. Nothing worse than when they're in and out the garage.

I have a 66plate transit custom and think it's great. I'l defo get another when my lease runs out

Yep I buy ours outright, it's on a 16 plate, one of the lads uses it,I'll be getting rid of it soon I think.

Yes that's the one I've just bought.a transit h2, to replace another transit I had.
Are they any good?? Think mine would fit in back of those new transits. I was parked next to one at the merchants and it dwarfed my custom

It's an l2 h2 which is the same as a long wheel base custom but with a higher roof, still the smallest transit you can get,there's quite a few versions h3, l3,l4 etc so you may have seen a bigger one.as regards if it's any good I don't know really I had one on test drive recently with no issues and ours gets delivered next week.