Round corners

JohnDoe

Screenshot_20200229-191108_Chrome.jpg

Anyone use one of these? I've got a customer on a Barn asking if I can round all the corners. He's only just told me this after it's nearly all boarded out .....

Yes it's all plasterboard I've told him it's going to be a bit impossible to get what he wants. But you know what people are like and I'm into the job now

View attachment 45397
Anyone use one of these? I've got a customer on a Barn asking if I can round all the corners. He's only just told me this after it's nearly all boarded out .....
That's a concrete trowel. You use a yard brush after you've screeded and then finish the edges with that against the screed - not sure how you'd use it on plaster

Yes it's all plasterboard I've told him it's going to be a bit impossible to get what he wants. But you know what people are like and I'm into the job now
I've used the Marshalltown bullnose external on plasterboard walls. I double scrimmed them. One layer of good quality normal stuff and then a layer of the 100mm scrim over the top. Just as I do on raked ceilings.

That's the one mate. I know it's not really a full bullnose but it looks ok to my mince pies.

How would I get something to work the the slanted revels are they like 135 angles not 90. The veluxs are 90 but windows think are like 135

Buy two externals and bend one out. It takes a bit messing about but you can get them just right.
Just be careful not to just bend the wings out leaving the round the same or it'll dig in. Not so bad on plasterboard as you can trowel it out but not so clever on higher suction.

I don’t like to use bullnose beads it looks to much like a hospital, most want bullnose to look like a boxers nose. Rule off free hand to form it then use the bag as it goes off, I prefer a thick gauge plastic like visqueen or bag for life before they made them bag till you get home and charge you for it. Trimtext also do a bullnose tool, one of those things you buy use it on the job and never see it again though.

They do the adjustable corner trowel surely this could be invented for this situation! Tother way?handle on outside surely or have I just invented something :whistle:
A8ED44FF-DB11-42FA-92C4-5C88AACCAFEF.png

View attachment 45397
Don't know if you've done it yet but you want a round it tool. You can make your own for internals with the sawn off end of a broom handle and some rubber but for externals you're better buying and adjustable one. Great for going over wooden staff beads. Hope you charged extra. Turned up a a job this week and he'd had the stairs, skirts, door frames and doors all done in untreated oak. You couldn't make it up.