Roughcast repair looks bad

Members online

Georget79

Hi all I hired someone to fix a damaged area of roughcast on front of my mum's house and I explained I was
IMG_20240416_162246.jpg
worried the cement colour wouldn't match the existing. He said it shouldn't be too bad and the pebbledash would be an exact match.

It's finished now and the cement is a lot redder but I can see as it's drying it's getting lighter. But I've noticed the pebble coverage is not good, very light compared to rest, and also like the stones are too small and gone too far into the cement, or not at all. Like the cement is covering them too much.

It was only finished yesterday but if after two weeks it hasn't improved much, is there was way of getting more pebbles on without having to take it all off?

The last resort would be to paint the house. I think probably eventually that will be needed anyway as I can't see how this is ever going to look unform. The first image is a close up straight after it was done so you can see what I mean by lack of coverage, and the second image is this morning, the day after
IMG_20240417_075155.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi all I hired someone to fix a damaged area of roughcast on front of my mum's house and I explained I wasView attachment 78319 worried the cement colour wouldn't match the existing. He said it shouldn't be too bad and the pebbledash would be an exact match.

It's finished now and the cement is a lot redder but I can see as it's drying it's getting lighter. But I've noticed the pebble coverage is not good, very light compared to rest, and also like the stones are too small and gone too far into the cement, or not at all. Like the cement is covering them too much.

It was only finished yesterday but if after two weeks it hasn't improved much, is there was way of getting more pebbles on without having to take it all off?

The last resort would be to paint the house. I think probably eventually that will be needed anyway as I can't see how this is ever going to look unform. The first image is a close up straight after it was done so you can see what I mean by lack of coverage, and the second image is this morning, the day afterView attachment 78320

Thanks
how much they charge you for that

750.00 georget, tell me you are joking.
They hacked off the original damaged section first of course, because there had been a long standing leak that wasn't attended to and cracked the original render and it looked terrible. So just need to get the finish re-done.

I was hoping for some advice on this thread, but it appears it's just laughs and giggles and here was me thinking professionals were on here. Obviously not

They hacked off the original damaged section first of course, because there had been a long standing leak that wasn't attended to and cracked the original render and it looked terrible. So just need to get the finish re-done.

I was hoping for some advice on this thread, but it appears it's just laughs and giggles and here was me thinking professionals were on here. Obviously not
What advice do you need cowboys have come out and done the job there’s about 10 stones on the patch they have done get them out to do it properly or get ya money back

What advice do you need cowboys have come out and done the job there’s about 10 stones on the patch they have done get them out to do it properly or get ya money back
Those dollars were spent in the nearest saloon on whisky, poker and whores, that very evening, amigo ! (y)

Hi all I hired someone to fix a damaged area of roughcast on front of my mum's house and I explained I wasView attachment 78319 worried the cement colour wouldn't match the existing. He said it shouldn't be too bad and the pebbledash would be an exact match.

The last resort would be to paint the house. I think probably eventually that will be needed anyway as I can't see how this is ever going to look unform. The first image is a close up straight after it was done so you can see what I mean by lack of coverage, and the second image is this morning, the day afterView attachment 78320

Thanks

That ain't rough enough! Only one option...grow a creeper up it

Well an idea of how much it would cost to be removed and done again would be ideal.

It's great that everyone can have a laugh at all this but the reality is this is my mum's house and she has Parkinsons and dementia, and this is just one little thing out of a mountain of things to do. I am not a plasterer and not do I know how much this should be expected to cost

It would be fantastic if an actual professional could say something along the lines of 'well it looks like it all needs removed again (or not) and re-done and should expect to pay in the region of £---£

Or something similar

Well an idea of how much it would cost to be removed and done again would be ideal.

It's great that everyone can have a laugh at all this but the reality is this is my mum's house and she has Parkinsons and dementia, and this is just one little thing out of a mountain of things to do. I am not a plasterer and not do I know how much this should be expected to cost

It would be fantastic if an actual professional could say something along the lines of 'well it looks like it all needs removed again (or not) and re-done and should expect to pay in the region of £---£

Or something similar
where are you based georget, prices vary all over,
i would take it off , take some photos/get a surveyors report done, small claims court, get your money back and expenses,
sorry about your mum,