Rok

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyM

Private Member
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of cnuts. I just feel sorry for the hundreds of small businesses it will affect. Complete and utter bastards.

Another one :eek:hmy: I heard they were taking over some of the Connaughts work when they went bust aswell.

seen that today on construction index its just a sign of the times there are more to go into admin still

Apparently they have had loads of offers and will be bought out, think Connaught was bought out in the end? ROK is valued at £33000,000 now pocket money compared to what it was worth in 2008. Hope these companies do keep afloat somehow otherwise theres going to be alot more competition down here in the south west.

just watched it on westcountry news.they owed a landscaper 80k!had a tender sent from them in the summer.around 50k job.done my homework on them,no one had a good word to say about them so binned it.

just watched it on westcountry news.they owed a landscaper 80k!had a tender sent from them in the summer.around 50k job.done my homework on them,no one had a good word to say about them so binned it.
Who in their right mind, allows someone to owe them £80K? Surely alarm bells would've started ringing long before they clocked up that big a bill. It was common knowledge that ROK were bad payers.

Who in their right mind, allows someone to owe them £80K? Surely alarm bells would've started ringing long before they clocked up that big a bill. It was common knowledge that ROK were bad payers.

Its easy if the job was big enough, it could only be a month or twos work with material and labour. Rok wont be paying weekly but may have programmed a large amount of landscaping work for that month then he could be due the payment and still trying to push the job on..,all the while he gets the old payments on its way you will be in breach if you stop work now blah de blah
its just bigger numbers but the shish is the same

Last edited:
I think its safe to say they are going dowwwwwn.... shame really, its never good to see a company collapse, especially this close to christmas ... lots of people and families are going to have a great xmas... not my idea of fun

It said on the local news tonight that there would be 700 redundancies. No doubt this will be the employed maintenance men. Benefit they got rid of the management that caused this.

Its no great loss really.

A firm of that size soak up work that any tradesmen can do but they have a huge management and administation set up.

The trades working for them will soon get work again but the management and spongers and interferers wont.

Although the recession is a bad thing and will hit us all it will also get rid of unproductive wasters who help fuk all.

DOSsers I call them.....dos as in Drain On Society

I know they went to 90 days payment terms last year. Know a couple of lads on books who are looking for jobs now. was a good firm years ago but run by idiots

I ve just had a look at a job where customer had water damaged ceiling. Zurich insurance sent ROK
to assess price and do the job. ROK took £50 excess off customer and went under not doing
the job. Customer gonna get a ROK style quote ( i.e. massively inflated ) from me
Every cloud has a silver lining :RpS_laugh: :RpS_thumbup:

Seems like the Bristol office was one of the better preforming, but my mate who was based there has just got the bullet from em this week too.
Happy Xmas eh!

Status
Not open for further replies.