Rock bottom prices!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPlaster

Private Member
Some subby from miles away from our town has a job to dry line and skim 65 apartments, phoned me up and gave me the talk about good runs and agent is sound, I asked rates and he replide £1.95m² to skim, silence incurred for a while then I said "Good luck I'd rather sit at home thanks". w**k*r!

I used to sub to a firm a couple ov years ago, I got talkin to a lad who still works fir em now and their only payin £1.80 on the skim and their travellin for 2 hrs a day. Fcuk that I'd rather stick pins in me cock.

lol No way would i work for that pittance, i don't blame you. I'd rather shave my balls with a cheese grater!! Not even the jam rolls would work for that rate.

That takes the piss people working for that are screwing the game up, your right can do a hundred metres a day for a bit, but f that. Other professions they have standard rates in our game everyone is undercutting everyone else. get what u pay i think.

this is what we are up against in n.ireland...would love to reply to it just to tell him what i think face to face....
PLASTER NEEDED (BELFAST)

i need a plaster for 2 days work £40 or £45 ev £50 depends experience but after that i have other jobs like labouring etc if u inte...

this is what we are up against in n.ireland...would love to reply to it just to tell him what i think face to face....
PLASTER NEEDED (BELFAST)

i need a plaster for 2 days work £40 or £45 ev £50 depends experience but after that i have other jobs like labouring etc if u inte...

You need to reply, stating that if he needs a plaster, he should get himself to the chemist and buy some Band Aids, and be a bit more careful with his trowel next time.

Quoted a job the other week reskim chased it up yesterday...5 x 4 room 3 metre high ceilings...bit of patching to do then skim estimated 680 including mats...someone else got the job 300 including mats...w**ker

same old s**t though dude, no point worrying about it, some people are that thick they dont know what their jobs worth, well, they probably arnt worth much more than that anyway, or they wouldnt price so low.

PLASTER NEEDED (BELFAST)

the fuel could be £40 so how much is the labour? they didnt say or did i miss something:huh:

just had to ring this guy..he said,£40 to £50 a day depending on EXPERIENCE? i said you will not get anyone for that kind of money, he said..thats the going rate now for plasterers. so, told him what i thought in a not so nice way and put the phone down..respect for the plastering trade is gone, the hardest and most skillful trade of all trades is at the bottom of the ladder..i think i will join my wife stacking shelves in asda at least she gets around £60 a day..can anyone beat the £40 to £50 rate, lets see if anyone can find a lower rate advertised anywhere.....

Lmfao
piss2.gif

Tarting to wonder why we spend so much time learning this s**t if thats the way its going .

Some tool priced a lounge 4x4 m artex ceiling little awkward prep/skim 180 quid all in!! . i've never walked out a house quicker than that.

I mean I crawled though the s**t to get to this stage to be worth an asda trolly wolly

Tarting to wonder why we spend so much time learning this s**t if thats the way its going .

Some tool priced a lounge 4x4 m artex ceiling little awkward prep/skim 180 quid all in!! . i've never walked out a house quicker than that.

I mean I crawled though the s**t to get to this stage to be worth an asda trolly wolly

Seen alot of this in the last couple of years, You can be sure the job wont be a paint finish.Let em learn the hard way.Customer is always right and all that.

The tools are the people who think they're gonna get a good job doing for that sort of money. It's almost certain that he aint gonna prep it properly, just be skimming right on to the existing - hit & run job, but HOW DO YOU EDUCATE THE PUBLIC INTO KNOWING WHAT TO EXPECT?

For this reason I have on my website a section about what to expect from me, with photos of my work showing the leccy boxes cleaned out, clean polished up beads, clean casings, nice flat walls etc and hopefully this will educate the public a little bit.......maybe?

you did right £2.50 would better 300 more like it .some ones making money out there and its not the workers

The tools are the people who think they're gonna get a good job doing for that sort of money. It's almost certain that he aint gonna prep it properly, just be skimming right on to the existing - hit & run job, but HOW DO YOU EDUCATE THE PUBLIC INTO KNOWING WHAT TO EXPECT?

For this reason I have on my website a section about what to expect from me, with photos of my work showing the leccy boxes cleaned out, clean polished up beads, clean casings, nice flat walls etc and hopefully this will educate the public a little bit.......maybe?

What's your site dude?...Sounds good...Love checking out other spreads sites..

180 walls ceiling and materials.. I just walked out that house feeling deflated like where the hell av i gone wrong..

Every1 is about price not quality, well i dont take the shite on not at them rates

I'm doing some social work at the min £6.80 for skimming ceilings and £5.10 for Walls. Each day varies what the jobs are like some are smallish some are full kitchens/bathrooms. Oh an £18m2 for hack off then dri coat an skim. No running round pricing work. Loving it at the minute

I'm doing some social work at the min £6.80 for skimming ceilings and £5.10 for Walls. Each day varies what the jobs are like some are smallish some are full kitchens/bathrooms. Oh an £18m2 for hack off then dri coat an skim. No running round pricing work. Loving it at the minute

How did you manage to catch that gravy train?

Gravy+Train+02.gif

Sending out introduction letters. It wasn't what I was after tbh I was trying to tender for work but this will do me nicely at the minute. Sick to death of chasing T***s for payment

Status
Not open for further replies.