Ritmo L or Mtec200??

Members online

I dont have amachine but used a G4 (pft) for years in Germany. Brilliant machine hardly ever went wrong and pft are well proven track record for reliable equipment. I know a few blokes who own ritmos and never heard anything negative regard them. Often its the user at fault not the machine but the pft guys do excellent back up service. Ive read enough posts on here that will back that claim up

That is a big tick for pft for years and years it will run and run and run. They will surely work long after you retire if you look aftwr it

Anyone want to buy a G4 ? I have done a lot of onecoat work over the years , I now know it will all crack ! I'm out of this game , bloody Weber !! :aburrido:

I have been using my mates mtec m200 on a few of my domestic jobs since August spraying Parex monorex.
Its a tidy looking design with a useful on board water pump, but unlike my ritmo, requires an additional external air compressor.
I was interested to see if the m200 machine lived unto the hype of "giving a G4 a run for its money"...pumping 18l/min with 25m pipe etc.
But overall I was left disappointed with it.
Firstly, It was stubborn to start... after priming the mixing chamber and carefully sprinkling the some powder to avoid splashing, we would press start and the machine would struggle to turn. we would be hitting the 'reverse pulse' button to persuade it to pump but by then the water had backed up into the hopper.. nightmare. (Ritmo.. water in powder chucked in and off we go)
It's as if its underpowered, needs a bigger motor like the ritmo L to turn the mixing shaft. The rotor stator being brand new was clamped loose but the acted as if it was clamped up so tight it was acting as a brake.
Once we finally got action we found it struggled it top speed (4) Machine was couching and spluttering and we had to go down to speed 3 to bring the amps down and get a smooth run without tripping out the 5kva trannys.
We were told that our water setting was too low and this was causing machine issues. Now I've used many plastering machines over the years in Germany in the 90's and now here, I consider myself to be a reasonable experienced plasterer that has completed 1000's m2 of mono. So as with the Ritmo, I set the machine water to how i want the consistency of my render to be, My take on all this was if it won't spray consistently well on top speed then its no faster than a ritmo. But it should pumping on speed 4 not 3 so we weren't happy.

We moaned again so on our last job in December, we were observed for a day by the tech guy.
First thing he said was 'I'm no plasterer', I'm a plastering machine expert. So I gave him my attention.
He told me that I should 'change my rendering technique' to allow the machine to spray faster.
Sorry but i'm not about to compromise on material quality to make the machines life easier. Anyway he set it up with his own idea of what the water setting should be and of course when we sprayed it clear to see that was too wet to effectivly use. I adjusted the water to achieve a useable quality render again and we had power problems once more causing us to run on speed 3. Tech guy took lots of video that day and said he would report back. He watched us working all afternoon and conceded that speed 3 was our best option to work the way we do.
So I won't rush to change my ritmo. It seems no slower than the m200 in the end to me. I do fancy a new G4 for next year tho.

Hi Ant, thanks for your review on the M200 and your remarks regarding our converastions throughout the day.
1. As stated, I am not a plasterer/renderer and I do not consider myself to be a "machine expert", rather someone who has 10+ years of technical design and experience with plaster/render machines both electric and hydraulic.
2. I advised that the render should be put on in two passes, as advised by the material manufacturer, to help stop cracking, bullet holes etc again not a plasterer/renderer so can only go on their advice. I will not get into an argument over which is best, one or two pass applications, I can only go on the advice from the material manufacturer.
3.You asked if I could put less water into the mix which I advised would cause problems and may cause the machine to either jam or trip out. I put less water into the mix and the machine sprayed for about 10 minutes and then tripped out. You then asked if we could change to speed three, as you had done in the past, put less water into the machine to and achieve the consistency required. I agreed to this and you were then able to continue spraying on in one pass. I also agreed that speed three would be your best option to work the way you do ie spraying the material on in one pass. As stated by you, speed three is the same speed as the Ritmo.
4.Total video less than 4 minutes.
5.I do not recall saying I would get back to you but please accept my apologies, I will try to contact Adie or yourself tomorrow morning.
6.Hope you get your G4!
7. I see you have commented on similar lines in another post and wish to say that you are also a nice bloke!

IMG_0704.JPG
That is a big tick for pft for years and years it will run and run and run. They will surely work long after you retire if you look aftwr it
Absolutely, over quarter of a century old, just about broke in.

Plaster/render machines be they electric 110v, 240v, 415v or diesel hydraulic all do the same thing at the end of the day, they spray material onto a surface. What puts one machine apart from another is reliability, training and the backup and service offered by the machine supplier.
In my opinion PFT Central/Plasterers One Stop Shop offer the best backup and service in the UK as they have two people on the road and two in the office who are able to assist customers with any problems and get to customers at short notice, should the need arise.

Hi Ant, thanks for your review on the M200 and your remarks regarding our converastions throughout the day.
1. As stated, I am not a plasterer/renderer and I do not consider myself to be a "machine expert", rather someone who has 10+ years of technical design and experience with plaster/render machines both electric and hydraulic.
2. I advised that the render should be put on in two passes, as advised by the material manufacturer, to help stop cracking, bullet holes etc again not a plasterer/renderer so can only go on their advice. I will not get into an argument over which is best, one or two pass applications, I can only go on the advice from the material manufacturer.
3.You asked if I could put less water into the mix which I advised would cause problems and may cause the machine to either jam or trip out. I put less water into the mix and the machine sprayed for about 10 minutes and then tripped out. You then asked if we could change to speed three, as you had done in the past, put less water into the machine to and achieve the consistency required. I agreed to this and you were then able to continue spraying on in one pass. I also agreed that speed three would be your best option to work the way you do ie spraying the material on in one pass. As stated by you, speed three is the same speed as the Ritmo.
4.Total video less than 4 minutes.
5.I do not recall saying I would get back to you but please accept my apologies, I will try to contact Adie or yourself tomorrow morning.
6.Hope you get your G4!
7. I see you have commented on similar lines in another post and wish to say that you are also a nice bloke!
Plaster/render machines be they electric 110v, 240v, 415v or diesel hydraulic all do the same thing at the end of the day, they spray material onto a surface. What puts one machine apart from another is reliability, training and the backup and service offered by the machine supplier.
In my opinion PFT Central/Plasterers One Stop Shop offer the best backup and service in the UK as they have two people on the road and two in the office who are able to assist customers with any problems and get to customers at short notice, should the need arise.
That turned the Thread around Des we know you work for Ryan and respect your honesty! Lol

Do they cut the mesh as well marra @Wezly
No you don't want a cutter on it.
Just follow these easy steps to quick, stress free meshing and you won't look back.

Spray the first pass on the elevation with your original and best PFT Plastering machine ;)
Place the mesh box at the bottom corner of the wall, with a man on each lift with a trowel and knife in hand pull up to the top of the wall, bed the mesh in triming out round openings and using these off cuts to double up as your stressies. You have virtually no waste kicking around the scaff. The guy at the bottom just runs his knife along the bead for a perfect cut and fit. Slide the box along with your foot pull the reel up to the next bloke and repeat.

You have just meshed a 50m2 gable with minimal joins, minimal waste and tidying up, not a crease in sight and perfect fitting mesh in a matter of minutes.

No you don't want a cutter on it.
Just follow these easy steps to quick, stress free meshing and you won't look back.

Spray the first pass on the elevation with your original and best PFT Plastering machine ;)
Place the mesh box at the bottom corner of the wall, with a man on each lift with a trowel and knife in hand pull up to the top of the wall, bed the mesh in triming out round openings and using these off cuts to double up as your stressies. You have virtually no waste kicking around the scaff. The guy at the bottom just runs his knife along the bead for a perfect cut and fit. Slide the box along with your foot pull the reel up to the next bloke and repeat.

You have just meshed a 50m2 gable with minimal joins, minimal waste and tidying up, not a crease in sight and perfect fitting mesh in a matter of minutes.
Cheers Marra ;-)

That is it des my dealer even opens up on a Sunday and takes calls any time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll tell you better than that, my dealer will take a call at 4:30 on a Sunday morning and will happily drop off another few grams for me and he'll let me tick it till the following week.

I'll tell you better than that, my dealer will take a call at 4:30 on a Sunday morning and will happily drop off another few grams for me and he'll let me tick it till the following week.
Would you mind giving out his number, I'm after a new pharmacist

http://www.pftplasteringmachines.com/product/edma-eifs-mesh-cutter/

Thats a beauty, sadly not cheap. I like how it can be hung off scaffold or sat on floor. The counter would also be handy. Its for proppa tool bitches who just gorra have the thing
That does look nice, a flat bottom would be better so you can slide along any ground with just your foot rather than putting your tools down to pick your mesh box up. If you're having to pick it up it's like you're only operating on speed 3, but when your sliding with a foot your flying on 4.