Ritmo airline problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigsby

TPF Special Forces
Using the Ritmo a fair bit now but one annoying problem we have is when spraying every ten seconds or so the air stops the spraying out of the gun for a second. So you moving from left to right or vice versa then for the second it doesn't spray you have to stop the motion then go again.

anyone else have this problem or know what causes it?

Having said that,I do recall having an issue like this once when the air tube had slid right back and almost out without me noticing.

New R/s, wet OCR, was a brand new gun where you adjust the screw on head to adjust the nozzle distance. But same problem with the PFT gun though.

I've had this problem and I put it down to the air getting blocked when we put the gun down when the air is turned off. The gear still comes out under its own back pressure and builds up around the spray cap then blocks the air. We either hang it over the scaffold or stand it on a bucket so the gear can fall away. This stopped the most of the problems we had with that. Hope it helps

Plus make sure the hopper is dry, and check the resting point where the rotar sits at the bottom on the manometer we had a few problems with consistency and this was worn down. Which stopped the rotar and stator lining up correctly. It should be 10mm from the top of the flange. Hope it's clear if not I will try put some pics up to help.

Some pics will help.

I don't do the spraying usually but it seems it is the air that stops for a second. This is constant not now and then.

Does it continue to pump? Like does the render still come out or it there a stop of material for a split second?

Does it continue to pump? Like does the render still come out or it there a stop of material for a split second?

It sounds like it is the air because the noise stops but maybe I need to have a closer look. Maybe the material is missing for a second but the lack of noise is making us think it is the air?

I will get some tomorrow when we get ours out.

It's the part the rotor and stator sits into at the bottom, thats the cast part the 2 long bolts go through to hold the r and s in position. Take it of as if your changing the r and s and have a look, there is a raised bit in the middle that keeps the rotor in the correct position and it's that, that wears down. Les welded it back up and it runs a dream. Worth checking

Only time we get this is if the material has bridged and it has trouble flowing down in to the mixing chamber for a second

When you finish spraying and clean out how far up the chamber is the material caked on? does it go in to the hopper?

What water inlet you using top or bottom?

When you finish spraying and clean out how far up the chamber is the material caked on? does it go in to the hopper?

What water inlet you using top or bottom?
Top inlet.

i did not see the cleaning out but will ask tomorrow.

Les at PFT Northern has a generator made for the Ritmo. Think it is 6.5kva but competitive in price and. Honda engine, no Chinese crap.

Try using less water on start up. Just cover the r/s "cup" fill mixing chamber with powder. Proper sprinkle it in so the powder sits on top of the water. Run the machine for 3 seconds. a pissy wet bit of render will come out.

More powder say to top of mixing shaft run until proper render flows then add pipes and fill the chamber.

I know the only time our ritmo ever does what your explaining is when its bridge which normally to much water

You are probably right Curry, met up with Scrogs tis morning and he reckons the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.