Ritmo air leak / water drop

Members online

Hi,
Very very new to machine life.
Used our ritmo about 6 times now (bought from Les in sept). Just as we thought we was getting hang of it seems we’ve got an air leak as the compressor machine thing keeps making a noise…
Was spraying EcoRend mr1 the other day. Had water set on 280 (as that’s what it was previous) sprayed a few bands then it turned to piss.
Cleaned hopper out to make sure we hadn’t blocked it when putting the first bag in, cleaned hose etc, then it did same again. Ended up dropping water right down to 170 just to get it workable. Les seems to think it’s the material. But reading a few posts on here can’t help but think air leak is related? Also the nozzle is very leaky now, drips out more gear than it did before after shutting gun off…
How do even fix a bloody air leak anyway? ‍ machine life is stressful:frenetico::)

thanks in advance

Hi,
Very very new to machine life.
Used our ritmo about 6 times now (bought from Les in sept). Just as we thought we was getting hang of it seems we’ve got an air leak as the compressor machine thing keeps making a noise…
Was spraying EcoRend mr1 the other day. Had water set on 280 (as that’s what it was previous) sprayed a few bands then it turned to piss.
Cleaned hopper out to make sure we hadn’t blocked it when putting the first bag in, cleaned hose etc, then it did same again. Ended up dropping water right down to 170 just to get it workable. Les seems to think it’s the material. But reading a few posts on here can’t help but think air leak is related? Also the nozzle is very leaky now, drips out more gear than it did before after shutting gun off…
How do even fix a bloody air leak anyway? ‍ machine life is stressful:frenetico::)

thanks in advance
The compressor does that every now and then when the air pressure builds up when the gun is switched off and as long as the back pressure and amps are in range you are good to go

Unless Les is right and it’s just weird gear. Just don’t see how that can be, picked it up from eco rend depot, all in date

Was spraying Johnstones basecoat weds and all was fine
All the different types of gear take different water settings I've usually found base coats take a higher water settings than the monocouche renders you need to get it right through the pressure plate first before putting the motor hose on

Unless Les is right and it’s just weird gear. Just don’t see how that can be, picked it up from eco rend depot, all in date
I dare say les is right and it may be attributed to the gear, were using ecorend at present and it's strange gear through the machine (ritmo l) water setting is all over with it.

I dare say les is right and it may be attributed to the gear, were using ecorend at present and it's strange gear through the machine (ritmo l) water setting is all over with it.
Should have never doubted the man :ROFLMAO:

cheers lads il persevere with it for now in hope it’s just the gear.
Learning every day.

I Stick to Weber never a problem, tried them all mate waste of time pissing about tbh
It's supply issues that's forced my hand with it, plus some developers we work for supply there own product aswell, so we have to be across them all really.
No issue with Webber we use it in better weather months, if you can get past the expense of it compared to other bagged products.

Cheers lads we will try using Weber through ritmo on next one sounds like it’s less hassle. Eco rend warehouse was a nice local pick up for us in North Yorkshire.

Just an update on this one. Tried Weber mono (earth) for first time through ritmo Friday, had exact same issue. Got water setting right with amps around 6/7 and 15 on pressure gauge.
Put air gun on, stared spraying and after a few minutes the gear turned to piss. Had to drop it right down 140. Which don’t get me wrong, then behaved itself and we got 35m2 done fine.

The gun/nozzle is now pissier more than ever which is my bigger concern. Still leaking for a good 30 / 40 seconds-maybe more after I switch air off and danced it off over wall. Not too bad on this job, but next one we might not get away with making so much mess o_O
Anyone know how I can go about fixing this ?before I have to ring bloody les. Haha.

Read another thread on here that said drop in water can be caused by gun air leak, but Les says not and so far on here folk are saying no?
it’s only thing I can think of that’s not right.

Just an update on this one. Tried Weber mono (earth) for first time through ritmo Friday, had exact same issue. Got water setting right with amps around 6/7 and 15 on pressure gauge.
Put air gun on, stared spraying and after a few minutes the gear turned to piss. Had to drop it right down 140. Which don’t get me wrong, then behaved itself and we got 35m2 done fine.

The gun/nozzle is now pissier more than ever which is my bigger concern. Still leaking for a good 30 / 40 seconds-maybe more after I switch air off and danced it off over wall. Not too bad on this job, but next one we might not get away with making so much mess o_O
Anyone know how I can go about fixing this ?before I have to ring bloody les. Haha.

Read another thread on here that said drop in water can be caused by gun air leak, but Les says not and so far on here folk are saying no?
You are probably settling up with too much water you only need enough to cover the rotor head and air definitely has nothing to do with the consistency of the gear get that out of your head

Your r&s is f**k*d. Put a new one on. Your connecting the black pipe to the bottom inlet on the mixing chamber to?

Your r&s is f**k*d. Put a new one on. Your connecting the black pipe to the bottom inlet on the mixing chamber to?
Not necessarily I had this happen recently with a brand new r&s I add too much water on setup and the power was mixing to high in the chamber and sticking to the side not letting the right amount of powder drop enough for the water setting I had to drop the water setting and it was fine it sounds to me he is doing the same

Not necessarily I had this happen recently with a brand new r&s I add too much water on setup and the power was mixing to high in the chamber and sticking to the side not letting the right amount of powder drop enough for the water setting I had to drop the water setting and it was fine it sounds to me he is doing the same
That’s plopping the powder into the chamber, I never pour powder over the centre

Cheers.
Il revisit our technique for putting water in the pot. Pretty sure we’ve been doing that ok but will be more thorough. Water inlet is connected to top of chamber not bottom.
Explain to me (as someone who’s been in machine game 5 mins) how my r&s could be knackered after just a handful of jobs?
Not saying this is not possible, i just don’t understand how it could happen.
Cheers

That’s plopping the powder into the chamber, I never pour powder over the centre
Cheers.
Il revisit our technique for putting water in the pot. Pretty sure we’ve been doing that ok but will be more thorough. Water inlet is connected to top of chamber not bottom.
Explain to me (as someone who’s been in machine game 5 mins) how my r&s could be knackered after just a handful of jobs?
Cheers
The rotor and stator wear out after Maybe 10 pallets of gear or so when they go the gear comes out like piss but if it's fairly new you are just probably setting up wrong

Righto. Well unless Les has been using it for other training sessions before we came along :ROFLMAO:.
Will have another go mate. Thanks.

Definitely new rotar stator needed mate on my ritmo m the water is around 260 280 with a brand new rs then it starts to be set lower as it wares out , when around the 180 160 mark I normally swap to a new one
Hope this helps

I've had this aswell, sounds plausible as to where he's going wrong with it.

Definitely new rotar stator needed mate on my ritmo m the water is around 260 280 with a brand new rs then it starts to be set lower as it wares out , when around the 180 160 mark I normally swap to a new one
Hope this helps
Think he said it was a nearly new r+s unless he's got some cross contamination through it.

Cheers.
Cheers
Could be a defective r+s, I've had that one once before aswell.
Do you have a pressure tester, if so just test it before use, that will tell you either way.

Il ring Les tomorrow and talk about the r&s situation, see if there’s anything we’ve done wrong that could have sped up its decline.
Depends how much water you’re cleaning out with, buckets of water through it will chew the stator up.
This is interesting…maybe we are guilty of putting too much water through it whilst doing clean down. Il speak to lad I work with in morning.

I don’t get how, if it is the r&s we could be fine spraying on the Wednesday then have such a drastic decline the very next day.

But will be checking our water set up nonetheless, and will see if I can order one if these pressure testers after Iv had Les’s verdict.

I don’t get how, if it is the r&s we could be fine spraying on the Wednesday then have such a drastic decline the very next day.

But will be checking our water set up nonetheless, and will see if I can order one if these pressure testers after Iv had Les’s verdict.
They can go while you're half way through a spray they wear out you should pressure test them when you clean out if they are holding around 5 bar of pressure you might get maybe 25-30 bags through it before it goes if it isn't holding any pressure change it but anyway its not the rotor and stator at fault here its the setup

I’l order pressure tester today then I know for sure what’s going on. I have a spare r&s.
Thanks for replies lads.
Hi buddy you only need to put enough water in to come up to where the mixing shaft starts to curve under the two nobles on the inside legs then sprinkle just enough powder in to come up to the top of the mixing chamber then turn the machine on and immediately add the rest of the bag and away you go
Water setting around 300 -280 for mono and higher for base coat
Do this correct and you should be good to go just check the amps when you start spraying if they are up over 9 just rise the water very slightly
I had a couple of problems with the ritmo but have it running like a dream now