Ritmo 110v 'issues', ....keeps cutting out. Help please

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntJones

The Ritmo has performed well all summer long but Spraying monorex over the last few weeks has been a ball ache.
Every now and then for no reason it just seems to start struggling to pump, slow down to a spit and then stop.
I've checked everything. (i think) But it just keeps doing it and its more frequent now about two to three bags spraying ok the it does it again ... motor power slowly fades away.
To rectify the problem the lab has to unplug the Transformer for ten seconds then plug it back in. Machine works fine again for three bags.
I had to go through this time and time again and
I had half my gable on and with daylight limited i feel like smashing it to pieces.
So I called Les...explained settings etc... Water filters ...he questioned me when they were last cleaned, couple of month ago i said..
so i took my bollocking ..I checked them.. cleaned them .. put them back.
But it hasn't solved the problem. In the end We finished spraying by floodlights constantly rebooting every 5 minutes.

Thinking I'm going to take it in to Les for a service after the break but Has anyone else had this problem?
Any advice greatly received. Thanks

Checked the air filter and the air pipe on the gun?

Well worth having an annual service. I do all the checks but Les finds wear and tear we would not notice. He has mine at the moment, gives you peace of mind for the year ahead.

Checked the air filter and the air pipe on the gun?

Well worth having an annual service. I do all the checks but Les finds wear and tear we would not notice. He has mine at the moment, gives you peace of mind for the year ahead.

Air pipe is clean and clear. air filter clean. I suspected it might have a fissure but ruled this out as a cause anyway.
water filters were a bit slimey but nothing major. They were cleaned.
I thought the motor had just decided to die.
Could it be the 5kva transformer? ,,, I just don't know

maybe gears to stiff .check the outlet to the material pipe inside not caked it hard stuff in the bend next to the rota stator

Mix shaft worn can definitely cause you problems. Run me through how you start up every time
Ok Ian here goes..
Ok I always use a bosh and AV3000pump. ( now i will clean air and water filters after Les 's bollocking ;-)
Once I have water pressure to machine I'll switch it on and purge any air from the water pipe, set water at around 450 and connect to top inlet.( i don't use the plastic inlet sleeve) I'll prime the machine with water so it just reaches the bottom of the mixing shaft and chuck a bag of gear in. before connecting the flooded material pipe, I do a mixture test by running the machine into the fanny bucket (hole cut in the side with pipe shoved in)
while its running at max speed I re adjust my water level until i'm happy with the mix. For monorex my machine water is usually set around 480.
I'll do a pressure test and clamp up if i need to to get 10 bar.
The i'll attach the air and material pipe but no gun. I run the machine until all water in the pipe has been pushed out by the gear and the gear is good making sure there is no stiff plugs of gear the could block my gun .. then I connect the gun and spray away.
(it might seem cautious but i think the set pro is quite narrow internally and stiff mono has caused it to block in the past...causing water to fill back in the chamber etc):RpS_cursing:
But that is how i start up happily each job.

But as i said the mixing shaft is worn. it looks like there is a groove worn into one leg at the top. I'll get a new one.
The amps it is pulling when running is well over the 5.8 max thats labelled. Last time i checked the red numbers are flickering between 6.5 and 7.6.will this cause damage?

That wont cause any damage, i think your setting R&S to high we normally set at 6bar, also if your running at speed 10 it will pull higher amps so just try turning speed down a little,

Why have you taken the plastic insert out?

Sounds like you are setting everything up as it should be.

Is this the same job you have been on all year and the set has been the same all the way or are you on different jobs. The reason i ask this is has something changed I.e customer has left his extension out to plug into which isnt a 2.5mm lead or is too long.

Can you see something that is different even if you think it cant be that.

Have you noticed this problem getting gradually worse. if the mixing shaft is causing you problems it would start getting bad after say 10 bags then it will be after 9 then 8 etc etc.

Do you notice a build up around the rubber mixing zone of hard material that could restrict the mixing shaft from turning as it should and cause the amps to get higher.

The 5.8 amps is max safe running. if your amps are over this the machine will go in a type of limp mode and shut down to prevent damage to any circuits and motors and people etc

Sounds like you are setting everything up as it should be.

Is this the same job you have been on all year and the set has been the same all the way or are you on different jobs. The reason i ask this is has something changed I.e customer has left his extension out to plug into which isnt a 2.5mm lead or is too long.

Can you see something that is different even if you think it cant be that.

Have you noticed this problem getting gradually worse. if the mixing shaft is causing you problems it would start getting bad after say 10 bags then it will be after 9 then 8 etc etc.

Do you notice a build up around the rubber mixing zone of hard material that could restrict the mixing shaft from turning as it should and cause the amps to get higher.

The 5.8 amps is max safe running. if your amps are over this the machine will go in a type of limp mode and shut down to prevent damage to any circuits and motors and people etc

Ian Thanks for you input
I go from job to job
Extension lead is heavy duty 50 reel is the one we use all the time and coil unwound.
It must be the shaft. the machine is doing what you describe. Fading at about ten bags to start then more frequently.
I'll get a new one and I will reduce pump back pressure to 6bar. ( When I learnt the G4 years ago I was told back pressure should be 10 bar for a 10 metre long pipe 15 bar for a 15 metre pipe etc )

Anyway, Hope thats sorted it then.

Emotional roller coaster .. Theres no better feeling than the Ritmo blasting the mono on when its all running sweet but if the machine decides to throw a tantrum it can really Fk your day up.

you sound a bit confused about the pressure guage Ant.

As a Rule for RENDERS a Ritmo M or L if its a clampable stator you will need to see the pressure gauge on your tap tester resting at at least 6 bar when its new it will hovver around 20-25 bar before it rests. if you have over tightened it and its holding 10 bar or more then you should loosen it slightly and test again until it holds your 6 bar.
Remember when you test it and it does not hold, try it again for a few times. if it holds 6 bar once out of 3 attempts for eg thats good. youre looking for the personal best and by holding 6 bar at least once it proves the rotor/stator will hold it.
For plaster like hardwall you should be holding about 15 bar pressure on the same rotor and stator.Plaster needs to hold more pressure.

The comment about pressure to pipe length ratio refers to on a 25mm pipe the correct consistency of material is 1 bar to every mtr of pipe you are using. So if you have monorex going through your 15 mt pipe and the guage shows 10 bar the person running the machine will know straight away the material coming out of the machine is too wet and must adjust the flow of water down to adjust the mix till the correct consistency comes out. It takes about 11 seconds from the time you adjust the water for the mix to alter at the pressure guage.

you sound a bit confused about the pressure guage Ant.

As a Rule for RENDERS a Ritmo M or L if its a clampable stator you will need to see the pressure gauge on your tap tester resting at at least 6 bar when its new it will hovver around 20-25 bar before it rests. if you have over tightened it and its holding 10 bar or more then you should loosen it slightly and test again until it holds your 6 bar.
Remember when you test it and it does not hold, try it again for a few times. if it holds 6 bar once out of 3 attempts for eg thats good. youre looking for the personal best and by holding 6 bar at least once it proves the rotor/stator will hold it.
For plaster like hardwall you should be holding about 15 bar pressure on the same rotor and stator.Plaster needs to hold more pressure.

The comment about pressure to pipe length ratio refers to on a 25mm pipe the correct consistency of material is 1 bar to every mtr of pipe you are using. So if you have monorex going through your 15 mt pipe and the guage shows 10 bar the person running the machine will know straight away the material coming out of the machine is too wet and must adjust the flow of water down to adjust the mix till the correct consistency comes out. It takes about 11 seconds from the time you adjust the water for the mix to alter at the pressure guage.

Thanks for the info.
Even after 35 years in the game ..It just goes to show ..you never stop learning :RpS_thumbup:

Ill post a pic of a mixing shaft we have stopped using as it had just started to cause issues. You can compare to yours then

Status
Not open for further replies.