Rise of the machines

Members online

No members online now.
Aye still want me to do it, just chancing there hand.
Worth getting one then after all.
Like a few have said even if it saves chucking all the gear on a wall has to be worth that alone..especially for the 40 plus crew.

I've had my machine for two months now and been asked by two different companies I sub to if my m2 price will drop now I can put it on faster. Told them to fk off
Cheeky c**ts. If anyone tries that with me they will getting laughed at. Aye maybe it goes on faster, but that machine cost £10k plus the consumables it eats through while in use is what they will be told. My price might go up f**k em!

What material do you use the mostly plasterman?
On exteriors Sand and cement mainly, this year started with weber pral as people asking for it more now around my area..would of loved to make spraying skim work but going off peoples comments on a threads about that I don't know if it would work tbh on smaller jobs I do but simply just for exterior work I want one.
Unifinish Rob did you really have to ask.
How many threads have been hijacked by plastermans urge to buy a machine now. Yawn
Lol..I'll stop the hijacking now,lol

Well I've just got an eze and I don't care how small the job is...it's getting used! (Once I've got the skim set up)

you can argue that about any trade, joiners don't get less because they use paslodes to fit skirting etc or plumbers with plastic fittings instead of soldering its just moving with the times.

Poor analogy that owls.
Of course they get paid less.
They get far less to counter batten a ceiling for example than years ago, before nail guns were about, same as using a brace & bit to hang doors all that time ago.
A joiner can get through 4x the amount of work they did years ago with the tools available, they don't get paid 4x the amount, inflation aside..

Poor analogy that owls.
Of course they get paid less.
They get far less to counter batten a ceiling for example than years ago, before nail guns were about, same as using a brace & bit to hang doors all that time ago.
A joiner can get through 4x the amount of work they did years ago with the tools available, they don't get paid 4x the amount, inflation aside..
Maybe,
But my point was its daft to suggest plastering/ rendering machine means an inevitable drop off in rates, it's just an additional tool of your trade, subbies that work for me, I'm not fussed if they have a machine or not, the rate I pay is still the same.

Once the masses have one it will change, of that I am certain. Speaking to some of the lads on Facebook about how they love to undercut and are working 7 days a week doing rooms for £230 hammers it home. Once they get a hand on them we're f**k*d.

Once the masses have one it will change, of that I am certain. Speaking to some of the lads on Facebook about how they love to undercut and are working 7 days a week doing rooms for £230 hammers it home. Once they get a hand on them we're f**k*d.

See how long their arms and wrist hold up skimming 7 days a week. I couldn't think of anything worse!

How u gettin on with ur machine Stuart?

Facebooks just a breeding ground for morons.
Let the desperados get on with it, there's always been desperados since time began, machines or no machines.

I wouldn't know pal,
But on the whole and I know I'm generalising,but it's tossers giving it the big one or trying to be controversial.

See how long their arms and wrist hold up skimming 7 days a week. I couldn't think of anything worse!

How u gettin on with ur machine Stuart?
Only used it a few times mate but everything going well. Been stuck inside lately but got some big jobs coming up for it. A lot more confident with it now. You?

I'm with stuart, it will change eventually, I don't think anyone can honestly answer the op question after 3 or 4 years.
Owls has it right I reckon, it will become another tool of the trade and therein lies the problem.
Nobody can really answer this until after the next recession. Only my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea same as you used it a few times been indoors since but got fair bit lined up. Been pricing jobs. Some people have confirmed the go ahead who want it done properly and others want us to do mono jobs for bodge and leg it sand n cement prices. Seems like they want to build things from lightweight block to save money and can't accept it makes it more expensive to render. But never mind someone will render it cheap n then it will look shite but it's not gonna be us!

Them people moan Iv had people round to price it and they don't get back to us. I go round to have a look and send them detailed quote the same day and then they don't get back to me??? Confusing

image.jpeg

Facebooks just a breeding ground for morons.
Let the desperados get on with it, there's always been desperados since time began, machines or no machines.
True rich but there's a couple of groups on there now
One pft machines group(m-tec/eze owners also!!!)
And another rendering group
There's not many numptys on there and it's decent chat on there with some top boys
Rory's on there also but once you get to know him he's ok(y)