Reveals

Members online

JackJunior91

Good morning folks,

i’ve recently plastered my new house bar the reveals (as told by the window company) however, now they’ve fit the new windows they have sat smaller than the old ones meaning i need to dot and dab new reveals on.

However, how do i go about putting the angle beads on? I’ve already plastered the window walls and putting a new bead on the newly dabbed reveals would mean i have two beads, will they both show through when plastered and painted?

As well as this, how would it be working the plaster into the already plastered walls to blend into the old bead?

Thanks in advance for replies!

Attachments

• B1AB7BB2-31B5-48C7-997A-C78A25898939.jpeg
    B1AB7BB2-31B5-48C7-997A-C78A25898939.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 296
  • D6D32347-8525-424E-BB4A-846468679D07.jpeg
    D6D32347-8525-424E-BB4A-846468679D07.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 295
  • 6D2B2EC8-D19A-4267-8723-B3EC74BF9CAC.jpeg
    6D2B2EC8-D19A-4267-8723-B3EC74BF9CAC.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 324
Easiest way is to get a closing bead around the window, whoever fitted them can do this. Otherwise bead up again and easi-fill around the the angle bead to save you skimming the whole wall.

Yep as above,no point f**k**g about blending new beads in,by looks of your walls pal you wouldn't be able to blend in anyway lad,just put plastic capping around your windows,jobs a good un..your not a spread are you?

Good morning folks,

i’ve recently plastered my new house bar the reveals (as told by the window company) however, now they’ve fit the new windows they have sat smaller than the old ones meaning i need to dot and dab new reveals on.

However, how do i go about putting the angle beads on? I’ve already plastered the window walls and putting a new bead on the newly dabbed reveals would mean i have two beads, will they both show through when plastered and painted?

As well as this, how would it be working the plaster into the already plastered walls to blend into the old bead?

Thanks in advance for replies!
It’s your house Re skim the window walls fully

That's a helluva slope outside!
In theory you could pencil bead it all round and make it a border feature, but Tony Rover has the best answer.

Sorry to let you know but the windows are too small and the whole job looks a little poor, a lesson to be learned for the future.

Board your reveals, angle bead {I can send beadtape) and reskim whole of window wall.

Get window fitters back and ask them to put a window in that fits.
what’s all the beef with his skimming it looks ok to me