Reveals

Members online

dieselpower

Why, in most pictures from you guys down south are your reveals only 20mm wide ? Up here we build houses with cavities cavitys (not sure correct spelling). Anyway we place the frame flush with outside of cavity giving us at least 100mm of a reveal. Wtf? Am I missing something??

Why, in most pictures from you guys down south are your reveals only 20mm wide ? Up here we build houses with cavities cavitys (not sure correct spelling). Anyway we place the frame flush with outside of cavity giving us at least 100mm of a reveal. Wtf? Am I missing something??
On the jobs I do, all reveals are at least 150mm

If you fit the frame to the outside of the cavity isn't the frame siting in the cavity where do you fix

Right, I'll start again. Let's think timber frame.
Timber frame , 50mm cavity, block/brickwork.
100mm reveal. Lots of render pics I see on here there is only a 20mm or thereabouts reveal. Why is that? Why are the door/ window frames out so far?

there’s houses in Stowlawn not far from me and the windows are fit so the Larger reveal is on the outside of the property and small one is internal so stick that in a pink Cuban and smoke it @Nath80

there’s houses in Stowlawn not far from me and the windows are fit so the Larger reveal is on the outside of the property and small one is internal so stick that in a pink Cuban and smoke it @Nath80
Ha he said most pictures though. I've come across the odd tiny internal reveal but the majority?
You asked a silly question, let's move on

Ha he said most pictures though. I've come across the odd tiny internal reveal but the majority?
You asked a silly question, let's move on
It confused me as it's a rendering discussion
He would have been referring to to having 150ml reveals external which would leave tiny internal reveals up north.

Basically what I was asking is was why do you set your window/door frames only about 20mm from face of render/brickwork? Whereas up here in scotland the outside of window/doorframe is flush with outside of cavity.

Basically what I was asking is was why do you set your window/door frames only about 20mm from face of render/brickwork? Whereas up here in scotland the outside of window/doorframe is flush with outside of cavity.
I didn't know it was like this north and south

Fooking hell
300mm cavity wall
Outside leaf 100mm 100mm cavity 100mm internal leaf
Frame is 70 mm will sit at rear of external leaf this leaving 30mm
15mm bead on 45 mm external in that wall construction

Your welcome

Did this timber frame couple of weeks ago 30m reveals
IMG_20200508_094228.jpg

Fooking hell
300mm cavity wall
Outside leaf 100mm 100mm cavity 100mm internal leaf
Frame is 70 mm will sit at rear of external leaf this leaving 30mm
15mm bead on 45 mm external in that wall construction

Your welcome
Shut up you clown that makes absolutely no sense.
Your welcome.

Screenshot_20200516-221600_Chrome.jpg

The way you guys do it. Goodfcknnight. I know theres a cover trim on there which makes reveal smaller but hopefully the gist is gotten. Away to lie doon..

Ok. Up here every opening usually finishes flush with outside of cavity.
I have seen this on jobs, but the vast majority here frames are mechanically fixed into the outer skin leaving large reveals and window board on the inside,

Bet you can't even fit a cup of tea on your window boards then

Ok. Up here every opening usually finishes flush with outside of cavity.
Do they still close the cavity with the blockwork up there? That used to allow the frame to be further back from the rendered face. Nowadays plastic cavity closers are used on every job. This means the frame has to sit further forward.

Do they still close the cavity with the blockwork up there? That used to allow the frame to be further back from the rendered face. Nowadays plastic cavity closers are used on every job. This means the frame has to sit further forward.
I going to take a photo how a reveal and window board is meant to look