Reskimming over new plaster

Members online

Dave king

Hi all
I have a ceiling to do that has recently been plastered badly. I was wondering if there's anything else I can use as I'm worried PVA won't be enough to stop suction. Any ideas ?????

Hi all
I have a ceiling to do that has recently been plastered badly. I was wondering if there's anything else I can use as I'm worried PVA won't be enough to stop suction. Any ideas ?????
Thinking about it I would not bother re skimming it if you are worried about it going off on you??
Just get someone in that knows what they are doing ..

I would want it to go off quickly so I can get the funk outta there and do something more interesting than sticking plasterer on a wall;)

Just pre grit and you'll be reet. Or pva several times. If you want to slow the gear down throw in a couple handfuls of bonding. I wouldn't personally, as I'd rather it went and you can go home earlier (y)

Mf ceiling with acoustic Quattro boards then just fill all the little holes in with small pieces of dairy lea cheese triangles.
Then waste some time applying Blue grit cause that's what the cool kids do.
then finally just torch the house while claiming you saw bigger boys playing with matches, but then they ran away.
:frenetico:

Guy comes on and ask for a bit of advice and ye just take piss . Blue grit . Pebble dash overboard. All just to stop a bit of suction when ye can simply just artex it then silk paint and uni finish

AC98F4A4-F869-4B6D-878F-DB527E17A624.jpeg
Hi all
If you do end up taking it on PM me your address and I will pop these in the post for you..

Hi all

Apologies for sensible answer... Bond-it/blue grit then re-skim.
Best way to be 100% sure you won't be going back again.

Hi all
If your that worried give it two coats of emulsion then skim it a few days later.

Guy comes on and ask for a bit of advice and ye just take piss . Blue grit . Pebble dash overboard. All just to stop a bit of suction when ye can simply just artex it then silk paint and uni finish
What were you expecting in all honesty?

Not even “ no f**k**g comment” lol

I know I really need to man the f**k up at the minute!!!

I honestly dont know whats happening to me!!!

Think are lass is slipping some pills in my tea or summet!!!

Normally service will resume from next week I promise!!!

Last edited:

Think are lass is slipping some pills in my tea or summer!!!

While ye all nice n polite which trowel is best

Think are lass is slipping some pills in my tea or summer!!!

Have some green tea, turn vegan, do some yoga, you be fine and dandy

I would never go over anyone’s else’s attempt especially as you describe it, what mix of pva if any did they use? So agree with vince take it all off or walk away.