Reskiming prices

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy2810

Hi all just a question I have not been on mtr prices for ages I have been offered a job reskiming offices they want. Price per mtr 630 sq mtrs in total any help on mtr prices be much appreciated thanks andy

And how much you can put on a day...lol

I couldnt make money on those prices.... but then I am slow

630m2 of reskim = 70ish bags, depending on walls. That's about £300 more than multi with no guarantee of it staying on. Less prep though.

What is it onto?

These prices was giving to me last week off a lad who is a estimator for a large firm who do refurb works.
They charge £4 -5o m2 re skim £10.75 dab and dot m2 £9.75 hardwall m2 these prices is also to supply gear.
The subbie gets no were near these prices he told me.

630 metres between 3 spreads covering 60 metres each a day = 180m a day 630/180= 4 days work out how much you want for 4 days so 150 a man x 3 x 4 = 1800 + 120 for lad = 1920 divided by 630= £3.04 a metre just a rough estimate

One plastering contractor wanted to give £2/m for skimming walls and iirc £2.20/m for ceilings.

had a spread i know call me last week asking if i would help him finish a job about 20 miles away from me ON A SUNDAY might i add, i said whats it paying cos its got to be good on a sunday that far away from home.................£100 for the day take out fuel, tax and other overheads haha, i just laffed at him and said nooooo chance and he replyd well i dnt want to talk to you anymore and hung up the phone.....honestly what do people expect to be paying ON A SUNDAY the day of rest and beer ffs

oh yeah and it was a h/s/l my most hated enemy of the plastering world:RpS_cursing:

I do reskims at £3 a m2 and £1 a m2 for Pva or bond it and dubbing out of blown plaster etc is £1 m2 all labour only. To be honest the skim and Pva prices work well separate coz people like to know what they are paying if any board work crops up. The dubbing out price rarely pays but it means I can just take photos as evidence and not worry about getting instructions signed for sorting bad backings out, unless I feel there is something I cant get over. I also charge and extra 75p per m2 pm skim over 3 m high and 50 p on Pva.

obvioulsy these are prices I give to contractors and not reskims for customers, out of interest does anyone use a price per m2 for pricing one off house reskims? It makes sense coz you have to do a rough measure for your mats so It could make pricing jobs quicker.

You don't have to measure a room to see how many bags you're gonna use, unless you're relatively new to the game.

I do reskims at £3 a m2 and £1 a m2 for Pva or bond it and dubbing out of blown plaster etc is £1 m2 all labour only. To be honest the skim and Pva prices work well separate coz people like to know what they are paying if any board work crops up. The dubbing out price rarely pays but it means I can just take photos as evidence and not worry about getting instructions signed for sorting bad backings out, unless I feel there is something I cant get over. I also charge and extra 75p per m2 pm skim over 3 m high and 50 p on Pva.

obvioulsy these are prices I give to contractors and not reskims for customers, out of interest does anyone use a price per m2 for pricing one off house reskims? It makes sense coz you have to do a rough measure for your mats so It could make pricing jobs quicker.
**** me I know subbys who skim brand new board with huge runs on those rates

Bet it takes you all Friday afternoon to measure up.

No you don't have to but you still know its 10 m2 to bag roughly so you know what the meterage is that way or you could just think I will do x amount of bags a day and I want x amount a day. Or you could just walk into a room and go 1 set 2 set and tick the walls off and price it that way.

For me when I do reskims I nearly always over tack ceilings so I measure the lid for board (takes ten seconds) then I have a rough idea of meterage I then make sure there are no nasty surprises and ordermy mats from that. I don't measure a h/s/l tho, but I do I find if you are doing even a 2 bed house its worth a measure and then your mats are always spot on and was just thinking surely there must be m2 price there?

I've worked meterage off plans before (even better when they give you the meterage) though have had to ask what the going rates are.

Usually do domestics so just walk into a room and measure up mats and time. If there are small areas as well we'll try and work them into a room time wise if done at the same time. Otherwise everything is priced separate if we have to come back for different areas.

If there are small areas as well we'll try and work them into a room time wise if done at the same time.
I'm the same mate I always try and knock something small and nasty off with every set so at the end of the job you don't have a nothing set on a little room or bits.

im getting 6 psm on refurbs at the moment thats dab and skim best prices ive come across round here for ages but i would expect 4 psm on overskims , i know subbies who are only getting 1.70 on skim at minute onto board and travelling to northampton for it

Status
Not open for further replies.