rendering with ritmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelarse

Private Member
hi
i have the outside of a bungalow to float. bout 100m2. what is the best material at the moment to put through a ritmo? its red brick so i think i need a scratch coat render also.should i use a krend hp12 or hpx or an equivilent? i also heard euromix is quite good??
thanks

hpx straight onto the brickwork nick you can spray that i'l try and find out the settings for you then , euromix is good mate never sprayed it personally but know people who have and they said it's good gear , it's quite a sharp material so not sure on how friendly it is on your rotor and stator the other alternative is weber OCR

you could sbr slurry it and tryolean a slurry into it whilst tacky then s/c at 4-1 scratch coat then go over it with k-rend

No if you had to i think you would need to catch it green ,dry sand and cement will go hollow and it will fail

Dont know about K rend but all old houses in Spain are SC Rendered first to square them up then left a couple of months to dry out so they are fully cured and settled then finished with either Webber or Maxit, i thought it was all the same.
Lucius

steve at what point in that review does it say not to spray k-rend ...what it says is (which applies to every machine out there) get the set up right and you wont have any problems

you can use krend over sand/cement.............my new bestest irish friend told me ............so i asked if i could eml and use s/c then krend ...he told me to use hp12.............are they trying to promote there own products ;D

the manufacturers don't like you using anything other then their product so they wouldn't recommend it and if the system was to fail then it would give them something to take the blame away from them so i always say if you can always use their product as they recommend ,

i spoke to les at lord and downing.
he recommended base rend as the top coat for traditional finish, and pre rend for scratch coat. dont no what make it is, but he said its from germany and designed for machine work. have any of you used and on les's stuff?

have used base rend and base rend l. both brilliant workable renders and the l has poly beads in it so its light but can build out 50mm in no time. I found that the base rend without the poly beads in it can be finished like a monocouche render as in it can be i-sectioned, then scratched, then spongefloated to give a super flat plain faced finish like s&c except with no float at all.

sorry meant finished like mono then you spray the surface with a garden sprayer type thing as it soaks the water in and your forever dipping the sponge in the bucket so better to spray lightly. Gives the superior accurate flat finish of the monocouche process combined with no float marks like with traditional float finished s&c.

do you mean rendaid can be i sectioned etc like a broken stone effect ?......or are you float finishing it ?.........sorry cant make heads or tails of it ;D

thats cos he's a knob lol

basically just pre rend the wall then use the base rend as a traditional render job done ....goody stop over complicating things you sheep shagger

finish the base rend using an i section when the material starts to pick up then use a sponge to give it the final finish....thats all you needed to say .......tidy like

tidy like..........i love the sheeps cause he still wares my dirty old shoes the shoe loving dirty jacket wearing nice coat matey whered you get that one from argos tidy like

umm he asked about base rend and I gave him my thoughts on what i found when using it nothing more

not over complicating things just offering a bit of insight into the product and it's characteristics. When people are asking questions like 'what is an I -section?'( no offence intended boyo) maybe your assuming people know what your talking about and don't need to spell things out or offer more in depth views or alternative suggestions

after all this is a forum for plasterers to give advice and tips to other plasterers not your personal playground

when using the base rend i thought it showed tremendous potential as a machine applied one coat grey render that could be a good alternative to traditional two coat work when finished as i explained.

i only asked what an how an i section is used because when ever i have done any mono its lashed on ruled then scraped back with a spiked thingymebob :D

ive heard of i sections but have no idea how and what they are used for

nick0412 said:
hi
i have the outside of a bungalow to float. bout 100m2. what is the best material at the moment to put through a ritmo? its red brick so i think i need a scratch coat render also.should i use a krend hp12 or hpx or an equivilent? i also heard euromix is quite good??
thanks
if your going onto red brick then k rend would definetly recomend hpx stands for high polymere extra i think. its simulare to rend aid. and you would be able to put k rend onto sand cement base but they wouldnt recomend it for obvious reasons they want you to use there products. if something went wrong and you didnt do the job to there specs then they pass the blame onto you. but i guess these large organisations would find some reason as to where the job went wrong wether you do the job to specs or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.