Rendering single brick garage stock brick

Members online

justyjust

Hi People

It's been a while since i rendered any wall and i have be asked to do this job by a relative which i don't really want to do but have to if you know what i mean.

Anyway

This a single brick wall with no cavity the DPC is just above the first brick from the floor line, his already had some damp which he thinks is because of the guttering.

He wants it rendered whats your recommendations? i offered to build a wall in front of this and it's not something he wants.
So i come to the decision of i will render the wall down to the DPC with maybe a 100mm gap at the bottom.

I also thought i could foam adhesive cement boards on to the wall giving a small gap between the two surfaces, maybe using hardiebacker but i've also found a cement particle board with timber cement mixed has anyone used this and is this water resistant?

If i go down the render route i've looking at a 1:1:6 mix cement line sand, when i use the calculator its only giving me 11 cement 4 lime not equal amounts is this because the lime only for the final coat?

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 10.33.15.png

Attachments

• img_20201122_132318.945 (1) (1).jpg
    img_20201122_132318.945 (1) (1).jpg
    634.3 KB · Views: 163
Brick looks good just tell him to leave it - Me York loft apartment affect
That block work is just unnecessarily untidy. I’ve heard of Mouse ears on mortar lines but them men are elephant ears

I like Mixerman's solution but if you're gonna use cement boards use a floor tile cement, as recommended by the makers. I used that calculator too, something off with it, took back loads of sand afterwards, embarassing it was. Then again, I forgot to add the feathers.