Rendering sand cement

bazzer

Hi guys got a gable end to render in sand and cement already scratched on would waterproofer in top coat give me more time before floating it as there's only me and labourer he can also float up also first coat wet down well Cheers lads

Thanks mate will try the lime much appreciated also I got a bungalow to do in weber pral m onto good brickwork but been a bit old school not 100 percent confident so any advice would be appreciated can do sand cement to good standard so could I do the weber and what's the process thanks madmonk

Thanks mate will try the lime much appreciated also I got a bungalow to do in weber pral m onto good brickwork but been a bit old school not 100 percent confident so any advice would be appreciated can do sand cement to good standard so could I do the weber and what's the process thanks madmonk
how bigs the area mate you want to mesh the first pass if you can mate if you've never done it can be quite daunting mate a lot could go wrong if not done right could you not get someone in to help who's can show you the ropes

thanks madmonk its a bungalow mate and i think the biggest wall is about 20 m2 and all pretty low your probably spot on about getting in the help to show me the ropes will have to ask on the forum mate do you think the bricks would need rendaid or would it be ok to fire it straight on and what size beads do you normally use mate cheers

thanks madmonk its a bungalow mate and i think the biggest wall is about 20 m2 and all pretty low your probably spot on about getting in the help to show me the ropes will have to ask on the forum mate do you think the bricks would need rendaid or would it be ok to fire it straight on and what size beads do you normally use mate cheers
Have a look on WeberUK website they do one day course to run through as much information they can do about using the product,others might disagree but I think it's worth getting a basic knowledge of good practice straight from the horses mouth tbh

you could use rend aid but extra it would act as a base coat and control any suction you could mesh that 15mm beads mate 20m doe sent sound a lot but at 17mm thick 2mm hanging over your beads it's still a lot of mixing by hand Keith on here might be able to explain the Weber gear better than me mate I normally just use the hpx base coat then ft to finish

nice one mate will ask keith about it then and thanks plasterman for your info cheers lads
I always done s n c but wouldn't touch mono till I been on that course at least.
I started doing small jobs with it now and building up the size of the jobs.
Last thing you want is to f**k up one and it will cost you loads of money and give a bad name.

I always done s n c but wouldn't touch mono till I been on that course at least.
Last thing you want is to f**k up one and it will cost you loads of money and give a bad name.

I've been wanting to do some modern rendering for ages, I've been to Krend in larne but like I've said before wouldn't take on any job as the course never gave me enough hands on with the material. I've managed to persuade my inlaws to let me do their garage, it will be either be enewall or stone pack as that's what is stocked locally. Currently its roughcast, I assume it will be ok to go over this aslong as its all solid, and stick some mesh in the basecoat?

I've been wanting to do some modern rendering for ages, I've been to Krend in larne but like I've said before wouldn't take on any job as the course never gave me enough hands on with the material. I've managed to persuade my inlaws to let me do their garage, it will be either be enewall or stone pack as that's what is stocked locally. Currently its roughcast, I assume it will be ok to go over this aslong as its all solid, and stick some mesh in the basecoat?
Tbh I take me hat off to the guys doing it full time .. I think there is a lot more to consider when using the modern renders than s n c.
One being the weather for a start

too be honest mate it's not hard to get a decent finish with mono it's just faakin labour intensive which annoying esp when your putting on by hand when I get offered big jobs I talk myself out of it just becomes annoying ball ache unless you have a machine this gear needs to go on quick

too be honest mate it's not hard to get a decent finish with mono it's just faakin labour intensive which annoying esp when your putting on by hand when I get offered big jobs I talk myself out of it just becomes annoying ball ache unless you have a machine this gear needs to go on quick

In your opinion can you do a full house to a good standard by hand in say a 2&1 gang?

In your opinion can you do a full house to a good standard by hand in say a 2&1 gang?
I wouldn't like to say mate like I said I always swerve full houses cos you need a good set of lads around you to pull it off something I ain't got anything big I would always try an get them on a thin coat system with a silicone finish

You thought of getting machine ? Or have you got one

I wouldn't like to say mate like I said I always swerve full houses cos you need a good set of lads around you to pull it off something I ain't got anything big I would always try an get them on a thin coat system with a silicone finish

I seen a thin coat system on a Johnstone info day. From what I remember you put top coat on say 5m2 then fall back and finish then go again? I imagine the problem with this system would be not getting back to your wet edge? Or do you have plenty time?

I seen a thin coat system on a Johnstone info day. From what I remember you put top coat on say 5m2 then fall back and finish then go again? I imagine the problem with this system would be not getting back to your wet edge? Or do you have plenty time?
if it's primed well mate it's not really a problem but you will need 2 of you one putting on then dropping back to float the finish up

image.jpeg
two lads have just thin coated all this house on there own so it is do able an it's massive we've just done all the inside an they did outside

I would ask only why the bottom bead finish is not flat? Not digging , just found that does collect dirt , or maybe wrong about it?

Putting mono on by hand with no experience will break your heart.We did large jobs 20 odd yrs ago with monocucche(by Hand) and it was a nightmare also trying to convert guys from s&c to mono was a task in its selve and they where bloody good trades men.Even the labourers where hard to keep an eye on as mixing was so important.Machine application is the only and best way.My advice is to bite the bullet and let someone spray the job and work with them, nothing like site work experience rather than listening to a sales rep telling you how easy it is and trowing on 2m2 in a controlled enviroment.Once you see the machine application you will be dying to get more mono to do.

t
I would ask only why the bottom bead finish is not flat? Not digging , just found that does collect dirt , or maybe wrong about it?
he guys house is a commercial builder he is a bit of a know all but he wanted it swooped out at the bottom for some reason so fuuk it that's what he got he was told about but like I said don't they know it all
who are we?to know ehh