rendering over rend aid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi lads...got a small gable to render,, can i rend aid it ,,then finish with sand and cement instead off ocr and would i need to scratch coat first or just go straight over in one coat....cheers

Why not rend aid the OCR and finish it in one go????

If you s+c you will need to 2 coat.

Hi lads...got a small gable to render,, can i rend aid it ,,then finish with sand and cement instead off ocr and would i need to scratch coat first or just go straight over in one coat....cheers
Ocr it job done ,but you can s/c over the rendaid if you want ,i don,t know if you still have to scratch coat out mate ,sorry

Rigsby your guy ,he will advice you on that one :RpS_thumbup:

I wouldn't put s&c on rendaid myself. Ocr is in my opinion a bit more than s&c. I would apply a sbr slurry and scratch coat. But that's me.

Use Parex Monogris E (Parex version of Rendaid) followed by Parmurex, wet on wet. Assuming it's a strong substrate.

how do people have time to start rendering over and SBR slurry when it seems to always suck in so fast and dry up before you get any gear over it?

how do people have time to start rendering over and SBR slurry when it seems to always suck in so fast and dry up before you get any gear over it?

it all depends on the suction , if it is a shuttered concrete wall i would let the slurry set and scratch next day. if it was a blockwork or high suction wall, we get set up to render, muck boards full, fully organized, sbr the wall and scratchcoat.
we work in a gang of two plasterers.

Its cheaper

are you sure ? rendaid is like £13 a bag plus, how much is monogris ?

and I have seen a few mention monogris lately - Up ere our specs of our reps always just say microgobetis and have never mentioned monogris - are your reps in the south telling you to use monogris ?

it all depends on the suction , if it is a shuttered concrete wall i would let the slurry set and scratch next day. if it was a blockwork or high suction wall, we get set up to render, muck boards full, fully organized, sbr the wall and scratchcoat.
we work in a gang of two plasterers.

If you let it set and render the next day the render will sit on top of the slurry coat...this is bad practice. A spatterdash coat for next day this will give you a key and control suction.

SBR slurries are messy and as others have said useless especially when temperatures are high. Better off rend aid or micro and rendering next day.

I've put CPI general purpose over Rend Aid. Went like a dream.

A spatterdash coat the next day,can you explain a little more here.What does your spatterdash coat consist of? Cheers
If you let it set and render the next day the render will sit on top of the slurry coat...this is bad practice. A spatterdash coat for next day this will give you a key and control suction.

SBR slurries are messy and as others have said useless especially when temperatures are high. Better off rend aid or micro and rendering next day.

How is it bad practise to let the slurry dry. its used to provide a key just like rendaid?

Last week we done a couple m2 over old sound render, Applied an sbr slurry coat then scratched over it. Went back to it few days later and it was cracked and loose, had to hack it all back off as the scratch was just sitting on the slurry as mentioned above. Took an angle grinder to the old render and scratched when sbr tacky and all fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.