rendering over paint

Members online

rt88

Have been asked by a friend to do 2 or 3, 1m2 patches to his render(floated sand and cement), the problem I have is he has already freshly put on his first coat of paint. Looking for the best way to get the paint off as I have never had to do this? Cheers

[QE="tapit, post: 1262241, member: 36003"]
Explain why paint on and why patching area not taken off please
[/QUOTE] the house is being repainted and the area that needs patched, it's only the top coat of render that has come away. He has started painting the house and now the patches really stand out, so would like them sorted. Should have said he isn't a painter or work in the building trade at all, just painting his own house.

Ok, with you now just give it a good scratching or a few strokes with a grinder.

Have been asked by a friend to do 2 or 3, 1m2 patches to his render(floated sand and cement), the problem I have is he has already freshly put on his first coat of paint. Looking for the best way to get the paint off as I have never had to do this? Cheers
MAte use stonepack enhanced base coat, it stick to absolutely everything. What you put on top is up to you but that stuff is hard to beat. You have to watch though because if you get a bit stuck under your boot and walk over a driveway or path your in trouble, take that from experience.