Rendering on aquaboard

Members online

No members online now.

boardfinished

Can i render straight on it or do i need to put expanded metal on it?
Just drove 3 hours to this job and been left to it ffs

I used parex maite and full mesh (not eml) the big roll of scrim like stuff. Scratched it then put mono over the top
2014-07-31 15.05.34.jpg

only thing knauf spec is meah joints before coating. and obviously stainless screws if your installing the boards

the rest should.be down to the spec of the render manufacturer

Well its done now,I was issued this job and just turned up so I had to use what was there.
Its a McDonald's anyway so I couldn't care less.

I screwed expanded metal to it and rendered it, looks mint from my house,150 miles away:D

Sorry not been on for a while....

Onto Knauf Aquapanel Exterior, you need to apply a modern base coat and mesh first, then a top coat finish - all as per the render system suppliers spec

Fixing a metal lath and then using a tradiational OCR, S&C or Mono straight on may leave it open to cracking as the frame settles, as these products are fairly brittle and susceptible to cracking as the frame moves.

The modern base coat and mesh will hold the boards together and are flexible enough to restrict cracking to spec'd top coats base on normal expected shrinkage..... obviously, movement joints are needed at floor lifts and vertically as specified

Contact your render system supplier of Knauf for further help

Richard Lord
Knauf Aquapanel Techie....
Rlord@Knauf.co.uk

Sorry not been on for a while....

Onto Knauf Aquapanel Exterior, you need to apply a modern base coat and mesh first, then a top coat finish - all as per the render system suppliers spec

Fixing a metal lath and then using a tradiational OCR, S&C or Mono straight on may leave it open to cracking as the frame settles, as these products are fairly brittle and susceptible to cracking as the frame moves.

The modern base coat and mesh will hold the boards together and are flexible enough to restrict cracking to spec'd top coats base on normal expected shrinkage..... obviously, movement joints are needed at floor lifts and vertically as specified

Contact your render system supplier of Knauf for further help

Richard Lord
Knauf Aquapanel Techie....
Rlord@Knauf.co.uk
your name:lol: dick lord ffs:bailando: