Render Vs Plaster

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spread em

Im in the proces of renovating my porch. The ceiling is plasterboard and has been painted. It is open to the air but not exposed directly to rain, snow etc. My intention was to put a thin coat of render on the ceiling which is actualy on a 45 degree angle and then paint it. I rendered it yesterday but it took so long to go off to rub it up that i decided to scratch it and do another coat of something later but start earlier in the day. I dont really want to put another coat of render over it bearing in mind the weight so wondered if one coat plaster would be ok and paint it once dry. The other thing is the ceiling has curves top and bottom so thinking it wil be easier doing them in plaster.

you need to give it another coat of render, a coat of one coat, then skim it....jesus christ

oh boy.....

rendering a cieling is a first for me.... I would have just skimmed it and be done with 3 hours later :)

if it was in your porch why didnt you just go in the house and have a cup of tea, dinner then a wank and just pop out and float it instead of scratching it up

slam your front door and take the render off , get some wickes bonding agent and re skim the ceiling , failing that re plasterboard and skim .

Don't you mean slam the front door then PICK the render up from the floor!! In the words of Harry Enfield, eeeerrrrrmmmmmm........ now I don't think you wanted to do that!!!

if the existing ceiling is p/b why try and render it anyway???

guess its not that big being a porch

i would rip it down and start again

fix board
skim it

job sorted....

im guessing the porch is open to the eliments thats why you wan a rendered ceiling. if you want a rendered ceiling you will need to pull down the plaster board, apply EML, prick it up using a render with an additive to reduce setting time and leave untill set, and then put the top coat render on,, not an easy job to do, but it can be done.

dont put it on P-B , it wall drop off , hopfully not when some one knocks at the door

I'm with steve.

You could have just got a hairdryer out to speed it up or breathed on it really hard. I guess you could put another coat of render on early - float it - then cut a piece of ply to size - paint it - then use a plasterboard prop to prop it up against the render. Should look ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.