render sponge

Members online

ruddez

are those blue render sponges advertised with refina any good,just looking at them and just thinking would they improve the finish on sand and cement when fining down,or any recommendations,thanks

Tbh I ain’t seen them had a few different ones my favourites are the magic sponge , got a orange putz one too that’s nice and always liked the gyproc round jointing sponge even on render it’s nice but need to source a new supply as can’t find them anywhere

As above, sometimes a sofa cushion is ideal. If not I buy a square and it lasts a few hundred metres

Tbh I ain’t seen them had a few different ones my favourites are the magic sponge , got a orange putz one too that’s nice and always liked the gyproc round jointing sponge even on render it’s nice but need to source a new supply as can’t find them anywhere
Car wash shop

what size do you cut them and what thickness do u buy,also are they only used for the final finish or can you use them in the early stages,only used ordinary car wash sponge for the final finish

Car wash shop
Tbh I think they crap , these are the gyproc ones mate loads better to grip and use and tbf they last a while too

05CF2041-8CAA-43C5-A5A9-346E38909825.jpeg

With @Vincey i been usin* the magic sponge on sand and cemen here’s a little gable today, I find they take a lot of float swirls out leaving the wall nice and flat.

F2DC2C57-B08D-486A-A25F-821C04FDEB7E.jpeg

how long does the magic sponge last
If you look after them, quite a while. I only wash it out twice during the day and they come up like new. I don't render all the time so someone that does will probably tell you more.

Why anyone would use any form of sponge float over a straight forward piece of sponge is beyond my comprehension.