Render options on SIP house

Members online

SLj

Hi would appreciate some advice on what to replace current lime/sand mix render with for SIP house with oak frame. House only 10 years old but renders already cracked and heavily filled by previous owner. Unsure if movement in the oak frame has caused such issues. Looking to replace current render but what with? presume it needs to be breathable for the SIPs and flexible to allow for movement. Cheers

Attachments

• 3D604DCB-56F2-4C9F-A3C8-DBE7817A564D.jpeg
    3D604DCB-56F2-4C9F-A3C8-DBE7817A564D.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 104
  • 2B4F4C0F-ACC0-4FB6-9282-BD33E3B69850.jpeg
    2B4F4C0F-ACC0-4FB6-9282-BD33E3B69850.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 93
  • BCB440E3-767A-4753-95ED-3E39CBD5AC2D.jpeg
    BCB440E3-767A-4753-95ED-3E39CBD5AC2D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
  • D4B0454A-632A-44D6-8C4F-D73122033F6A.jpeg
    D4B0454A-632A-44D6-8C4F-D73122033F6A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
I can see mesh has been used if thats what you’re referring to. Forgot to mention that the south elevation is the worst, can see the outlines of the carrier boards edges as they’ve all been filled in the past. North facing elevation which gets no sun is perfectly fine.

Hi bud

New build SIP houses either have a block and render outside, or have an open top and bottom drained and ventilated cavity between the SIP and the back of a quality render carrier board (created using vertical battens), and then a modern thin coat render applied

Think you will struggle to get further comment to this, most experienced Renderers who have seen this sort of works know that the existing needs to be removed, the structure checked and maybe repaired, before a new render applied

Very much doubt that a re-render over existing will be suitable looking at the images… not too sure what that render is and the repairs are obviously hiding other problems….

Find a quality reputable render contractor near you and ask them for a review…. Be prepared for potential costs of repair to what’s behind rather than just a new render cladding

Thanks for your response, was not looking to render over existing, it’s ventilated cavity with battens. So modern thin coat such as silicone or possibly monocouche?

I would want to express my gratitude for your contribution; however, I did not plan to render over the existing construction; rather, it is a ventilated hollow composed of battens. Are you interested in a modern thin coat made of silicone or perhaps monocouche clothing?

Was you fortunate enough to meet his love child Ry? Like an unwashed Lewis capaldi. Says it’s not his son be he definitely is.
Oh yes I had the pleasure of meeting Ry. In fact he 'mixed', I use the term loosely, the screed at Squeakys.

John wouldn’t let him use the electric so he had to shovel it in and spin the mixer manually.
I went to pick up the buckets I keep the fibres in, expecting them to be almost empty and one was almost empty but the other barely touched.
For Christs sake don't tell John he'll not sleep with worry.