Render done with no drip/angle bead - did i get conned?

Members online

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh stop saying F*****g spreader!!!!!!!!!!

Its a plasterer also referred to as a spread!!!

I repeat not a fooooookiiinnnn spreader!!!!!

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Someone else use to call them spreaders... lol warty quid a wall I think

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

He sounds very much like Ryans wart, his sentences his sayings are the exact same and it fooking winds me up something shocking!!!

On blockwork.
Any ideas for different top coats?

My bricky says he's seen some houses that have a sparkly finish - do you think thats a crushed glass render, and any thoughts on it? Sounds lethal if you brush past the wall!!

Why is a bead needed. The render wont be finished flush like a monocouche or stucco. The area we talking about will be covered with mesh. Then covered with the silicone topcoat.
Id be more concerned its all been applied to the recommended minimum thickness and it looks straight.

There are a few choices for finish. A mineral render looks same as your silicone renders and is cheaper.

A clear looking silicone protection coat can be applied after its dried and you may aswell protect the bricks the same time

I did talk to the plasterer about the bead when he started, he said he wouldn't use a bead as it wasn't necessary, and he thought it would look better without one. His work looks good generally (even, flat?).
I just got a bit nervous about the whole thing when he then said the bricks were holding too much water and he was concerned the silicone wouldn't adhere well on the north wall.

Curry - what is the difference? In this case?

I have already bought the silicone top coat, the plasterer ordered all the materials up front. My dilemma now is do i sell it (its plain white so i assume i can sell it somewhere) and use a mineral render instead, what sticks better?!!

Thanks - your advice is very useful :)

It looks like you have already started to prime it?

This will be well cured now if it applied in September. If it is getting wet somehow find the source of damp. Applying silicone with this problem will result in a wash off.

Mineral will go green with algie. Find the source of damp.

Why is a drip/bell bead needed?
It's a myth it's needed to let the water run off the plinth!!
The rain runs down it anyhow.
Yes it needs to be tidy but once the texture coat is on it'll look ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, think i'll wait until its properly dry and waterproof the plinth bricks, hopefully that will sort it. The render already looks almost dry now we've had a fortnight of dry weather.
Cheers for all the advice, its been flipping useful to run it past you all