Refusing small jobsaccep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a bit annoyed now with the small jobs and people not wanting to pay, should I just say/set a minimum and tell them on phone, save wasting my time and fuel.

got in at 9 tonight after wasting 5 hours driving about town.

chimney breast board and skim £160.00 - got the job/now cancelled

room skim over old bonding on 2 walls, also patch bottom of stairs £155.00 - not got, didn't even give email to send proper quote.

Kitchen ceiling after leak, repair, patch and then re-skim full ceiling 4x5 £180.00 not got, too expensive, told me there and then

full bathroom d&d 2 walls full skim to 3x1.5m bathroom £350.00 accepted there and then.

what are people's thoughts on guesstimating on the phone, i have a job to price tomorrow, other side of town, hallway & landing ceiling in a 3 bed semi, I feel like just saying £150.00 on phone (won't be far wrong) if he takes it ok, if not iv not wasted my time and fuel

I pay all proper tax and run things correctly.

cheers, MAC

The small jobs you mention, would be jobs on the way home. I couldn't justify giving them a day at them rates. Your rates are fine for on the way home. I.e board skim chimney breast, I'd tell them get it all sheeted up, 1 hour board it 2 hours skim it and clean up.

By the way I love small job, I make a killing with them. Quite often I earn hundred quid on way home for hour or 2. Bang some cove up on way home, your never going get away with telling them it's 200 quid for the day and your done in 40mins. If it only half an hour and it's local tell them it's 80 quid.

Status
Not open for further replies.