refina trowel

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the point to these trowels is they're flexible meaning they're thinner. so consequently that means they're going to be more delicate

plus no one said anything about sandy finish they said when they flattened it it looked a bit sandy but i said if they persevered with it it leaves a perfect closed in finish and they only seem to leave it looking sandy after a flatten when they are new

Exactly beddy, The ezeflex from onestop has a thicker gauge blade is a a lot more robust and as a result doesn't work as good.

i use the 14 inch, @cooptaza. i have the 16 inch, as well, but use that mainly on bigger ceilings etc. got one on ebay and the other from handtoolsexpress. don't want to give them a direct link but it's easy enough to google. or you could buy them direct from refina. if you do, add a little note in the order that you heard about the trowel on the plasterers forum and it would be good if there was a link from the plasterers forum to refina. plasterersonestopshop do something similar, as well, and perhaps have something new in the pipeline from what danny is saying in the earlier posts. if i'm honest, i chose the refina trowel over the plasterersonestopshop version because i didn't fancy the fibreglass shank

Handtoolexpress. yea was on it for 2 minutes, couldn't find anything to do with plastering. Not a good site

Exactly beddy, The ezeflex from onestop has a thicker gauge blade is a a lot more robust and as a result doesn't work as good.

But thinner doesn't have to mean as soft as shite. Just look how tough a hacksaw blade is.
I am forever filing out dinks or bending it back into shape.
I wish I had taken a photo of my first I dropped, it landed on a corner & folded it over .... but it was the kink it put halfway up the blade that scrapped it.
A drop from chest height onto a floor board should not cause this kind of damage.

As for the plazziflex blade made out of Bournville .... They are having a laugh?

Don't see what the fuss is about with plazi's .... yes they nick but a fine sanding block sorts that with 10 seconds work ..

As fr them only lasting 3-4 months then so what ?? they save time ... leave a great finish if timed right and certainly don't mirror your bumps unless you've not layed on neat and flattened right ... less effort and time saved for a 15 quid blade ... no brainer for me

Don't see what the fuss is about with plazi's .... yes they nick but a fine sanding block sorts that with 10 seconds work ..

As fr them only lasting 3-4 months then so what ?? they save time ... leave a great finish if timed right and certainly don't mirror your bumps unless you've not layed on neat and flattened right ... less effort and time saved for a 15 quid blade ... no brainer for me

Agree

Agree, use plazzi nearly ever day now. :D

well well ... i can see a change with the s*p*r*lex, dont know if its the trowel or me .... but things are improving a little.

its not doing all the things it was, i can only think its a bit more worn.

I'm not skimming untill Sunday now so i'll give it another bash then...

well well ... i can see a change with the s*p*r*lex, dont know if its the trowel or me .... but things are improving a little.

its not doing all the things it was, i can only think its a bit more worn.

I'm not skimming untill Sunday now so i'll give it another bash then...
How often you used it?

Status
Not open for further replies.