Refina skimming spatulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigK

Private Member
Firstly sorry to all the regular posters for going on about topics that have already been well covered.

However, following my recent purchase of my s*p*r*lex I have been looking at the retina spatulas.
Would I be right in thinking they are basically a 40 inch s*p*r*lex?
I would be buying it in the hope I could use it as such, especially for the final trowel on ceilings, (possibly last 2 trowels??!) in the hope I could 'get down' sooner... (Fully aware the angles would need to be tidied up)
I have looked at the speedskim also, but they are not for me personally, as I don't see the need to flatten first coat etc etc, each to their own but wouldn't suit my method of work I don't think.
Anyhow thanks in advance to anyone's opinions on their experiences.

had all mine ,i dont know 12 months or so, and no probs, great bits of kit, had no issues with any refina gear mate, maybe call them and they will exchange it for you ?

had all mine ,i dont know 12 months or so, and no probs, great bits of kit, had no issues with any refina gear mate, maybe call them and they will exchange it for you ?
Would you use it basically like a large s*p*r*lex cassie?
Last trowel (possibly two?) on large areas?

Actually, looking at rosco's links, which bloody one would you advise, there's a rake of them there!

worth getting a hand spat aswell, great for walls and you could use it on ceilings. they do save a load of time.. and the hand spats are pretty cheap..

I know some time it's down to preference but what's the main strengths or differences between the eze spatula and any model done by speedskim??

Ive been using the eze spat for year now miles better than refina spat also the change of blade is the winner !to put bluntly its your loss if you ain't got the eze !
I have never used the Eze spat mate.. difficult to see how its '' miles better '' though.. Im sure its very good. as for damaging the blade, you have to be careful with all you tools..

@GiantsJam just make your own spat protector sheet of correx, staples and some duct tape cheap as chips.

Attachments

• 20141023_085646-1.jpg
    20141023_085646-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 546
  • 20141023_085722-1.jpg
    20141023_085722-1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 492
I have had the 1m eze spat for around 12 months and posted reviews and pics etc proving it is possible to finish with them. Recently bought a 600mm one and very handy for amy domestic work making any skimming work a hell of a lot easier. I know some prefer the speedo skim or the refina bat or whatever as usual its personal choice.

yeh, they look good, Im just careful with mine, goes in the garage evry time its not in use, suppose they are worth buying though, how much are they ?

50 notes for the small one fits the pole in with it too, 55 for bigger one. Suppose they look good and professional, essential for the more clumsier spread.:rayos:

I have had the 1m eze spat for around 12 months and posted reviews and pics etc proving it is possible to finish with them. Recently bought a 600mm one and very handy for amy domestic work making any skimming work a hell of a lot easier. I know some prefer the speedo skim or the refina bat or whatever as usual its personal choice.

Greg have you got the new style pole attachment?, its a bit more quick release then the 2 allen key malarkey.

Greg have you got the new style pole attachment?, its a bit more quick release then the 2 allen key malarkey.
No mate still have the old pole and attachment but it doesnt bother me to be honest. I do love those eze spats tho mate id be gutted without them skimming any decent areas. Your a speedo fan tho arnt you mate??

No mate still have the old pole and attachment but it doesnt bother me to be honest. I do love those eze spats tho mate id be gutted without them skimming any decent areas. Your a speedo fan tho arnt you mate??

I have both greg the speedskim and the 1m eze spat both very good.
Just started an absolute monster of a building for one of our forum members so there both getting a good workout.

Status
Not open for further replies.