Refina skimming spatulas

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
First day with the eze spat today, wasn't going mad busy so enty of time for a play with it.

Firstly I tried to flatten after laying down, was ok but left an orange peel appearance much the same as when I tried to flatten with s*p*r*lex a few weeks ago.

Then tried it for last two trowels, s*p*r*lex style, no water, but kept blade clean & damp.
Came up fairly well, over troweled it in fairness as was trying to break it in a tad, which helped as the second gauge this afternoon the performance had improved, (don't think it was me lol)
Wasn't as much 'orange peel' this afternoon after flattening either.

On the whole I'd say it will be a very welcome addition, especially if it breaks in as well as the s*p*r*lex, which is now a completely different animal after a total of about 5 days skimming.
Should be nice by the time I tackle those 10 ft ceilings in a few weeks.

Negatives; ( there has to be some has t there?) had my pole on a rack in the back of the van and the screw that holds the spat in place must have vibrated out, gone, so I was pissed about that but located an M5 screw so jobs a good un.
The Allen key, is a bit of a bummer, it's just another thing that you e got to have at hand, and I've a feeling I won't be long losing it or spending at least ten minutes looking for it!!

There you go [emoji3]

First day with the eze spat today, wasn't going mad busy so enty of time for a play with it.

Firstly I tried to flatten after laying down, was ok but left an orange peel appearance much the same as when I tried to flatten with s*p*r*lex a few weeks ago.

Then tried it for last two trowels, s*p*r*lex style, no water, but kept blade clean & damp.
Came up fairly well, over troweled it in fairness as was trying to break it in a tad, which helped as the second gauge this afternoon the performance had improved, (don't think it was me lol)
Wasn't as much 'orange peel' this afternoon after flattening either.

On the whole I'd say it will be a very welcome addition, especially if it breaks in as well as the s*p*r*lex, which is now a completely different animal after a total of about 5 days skimming.
Should be nice by the time I tackle those 10 ft ceilings in a few weeks.

Negatives; ( there has to be some has t there?) had my pole on a rack in the back of the van and the screw that holds the spat in place must have vibrated out, gone, so I was pissed about that but located an M5 screw so jobs a good un.
The Allen key, is a bit of a bummer, it's just another thing that you e got to have at hand, and I've a feeling I won't be long losing it or spending at least ten minutes looking for it!!

There you go [emoji3]

The eze spat is a great bit of kit and it will like you say get better the more its used.
I do very much like the speedskim aswell but i am finding the spat very handy especially on high ceilings.

Do you finish with yours Scottie?

Have only recently started to but yeah I have completely finished some decent sized ceilings with it and they have looked the business once painted.
Find running it length ways for a pass then crossing it a couple of times works well little bit of moisture on the blade will stop it juddering until its worn in a bit.

Refina is great but it's a long thin blade which will bend after a few months in my opinion @cassie @Plasterers1StopShop have a better option with the changeable blade, though I loved the Refina spat it's horrible when it bends £80 or so down the drain
I've been done twice now with the refina spat bending then they fcked. My next purchase will b one with blades u can change. Also the pole for the refina spat is gash. I had it extended slightly doing 3 m high lids and it shaped at the joint under pressure again on 2 poles now. Good products but temperamental, back to the drawing board Imo

I've been done twice now with the refina spat bending then they fcked. My next purchase will b one with blades u can change. Also the pole for the refina spat is gash. I had it extended slightly doing 3 m high lids and it shaped at the joint under pressure again on 2 poles now. Good products but temperamental, back to the drawing board Imo
I think it's the length ,reduce the length you use ,get a 800 or 600 ,the 1m ones are too easy to bend

Pretty much as you would if you you were using a s*p*r*lex trowel, to be fair ive only just started getting on with it for finishing @Marshy has been getting some good results for a while. Hopefully he can share his technique/timings. I find 1st pass one way and then a couple of crosses the other seems the way to go.

Just bout refina spatula and plaziflex on the advice of a subby going to use them on Friday as I have bond it to paint tommorow, heard hit and miss reviews on here.so abit nervous to find the money I spent might as well of been in the pub. Got told it would half my time but I generally think it's there to flatten in rather then the finish ?

Just bout refina spatula and plaziflex on the advice of a subby going to use them on Friday as I have bond it to paint tommorow, heard hit and miss reviews on here.so abit nervous to find the money I spent might as well of been in the pub. Got told it would half my time but I generally think it's there to flatten in rather then the finish ?

you can always stick them on ebay :) Its not the end of the world :)

Ive used refina 600mm blade for years. They leave a gd flat finish no probs. Just tweek the corners bk.

Attachments

• 1434227136093.jpg
    1434227136093.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 317
it arrived today,but the nut to tighten the pole attachment is missing ffs.

if i ring them will they send me one out or will i have to send it back?

love it,the only snag is the ends sometimes carve in, but i suppose that will go when broken in.

i have started the carbon stone on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.