Refina s*p*r*lex Spatulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Refina

And Finally!!

The s*p*r*lex is a stainless steel spatula with an ultra flexible used for flattening and levelling large areas of skim plaster

Customer comments

“Might have been done to death but I tried the s*p*r*lex spatula for the first time ever today and its awesome. Laid gear down with the normal steel trowel, then just used s*p*r*lex and finally the plazi to flatten and finish. As good as any walls I've ever skimmed, with plenty of 'sit down' time. I'm confident I could get way more on than usual, using these babies. Nice shaped stainless steel blade can get into corners very well. The size of the spatula means I can smooth out a sponged wall in no time. This allows me to use the s*p*r*lex on a pole over a sponged ceiling with no snags or misses in the plaster, unlike flattening non sponged plaster”

“The design of the s*p*r*lex is easy on the wrists meaning an effortless set. Applying pressure is easy. Once the sponge lines are flat I can then use the s*p*r*lex spatula to finish the wall/ceiling area in a good time and with less pressure on the wrists”
“Basically I sponge the plaster allowing us to use a s*p*r*lex again. As I do a lot of domestic work, the walls are a bit uneven so I use the 600cm spat and found it covered the wall with no missed areas or snags”

“We have been trying sponge methods and have used a range of tools. Recently I have been using the s*p*r*lex spats to flatten in sponged plaster, this has worked so well for several reasons. When flattening and trowelling in sponge lines, it can take time and be hard work on the wrist as we need to apply a decent amount of pressure to remove them. Allow 3-5 minutes until the sponge lines are not so wet and have started to firm up again as you don’t want to flatten it in while still really wet as you will just take off the surface. Wait a short while and trowel with the spatula. Clean up get ready for next set and return to wall for a quick polish up with spat. By using the spats, it speeds up the set and make life so easy”

“Flatten quickly with a s*p*r*lex spatula to remove lines and tidy up. Once ready tidy up corners and trowel over wall by hand with a steel trowel filling in any missed areas, the wall still a bit wet at this stage”

Last edited:
I use the super flex spatula and its great but wouldn't recommend sponging.It works just as well using the trowel and spatula.

Your making this up aren't you

haha, always moaning!! do you use our s*p*r*lex gibbo? if so, the point of this is to see how/when/what you do with the product so we can include it in future catalogues etc. just so we can market them with more information on what they are best for.

i have a s*p*r*lex spat and think its a good tool. but youll probably have noticed that the general opinion in plastering is that sponging isnt the done thing

i have a s*p*r*lex spat and think its a good tool. but youll probably have noticed that the general opinion in plastering is that sponging isnt the done thing

I know there is mixed opinion about the sponge floats, especially on here, where people lean towards not using them. In the warehouse we see a lot of them going out each day and this is why we stock such a large range.

Maybe lets not concentrate on the sponge, but more towards the spat and how you use it etc. we are just trying to build a base of customer comments and it would be much appreciated!!

well the spat is a very good tool. in my opinion it is too expensive atm, especially when a lot of guys on here use a speedskim which is a 1/4 of the price. and now apparently theyre going to bring out a s/s version themselves. iv used my s*p*r*lex for a multitude of things, from flattening big areas of skim to basecoats to mp75. its a good tool on all of them. but as i said before, its hard to justify £100+

Have you got the blades for the bladed replacable spats yet? got a spat sitting here that i cant use :RpS_mellow:

I use the speed skim and spatula and get great results with it,Took a bit of getting used to the spat but well worth it.

haha, always moaning!! do you use our s*p*r*lex gibbo? if so, the point of this is to see how/when/what you do with the product so we can include it in future catalogues etc. just so we can market them with more information on what they are best for.
How's that a moan then they are best for throwing in the skip i am a spread you aint

I agree nick they're a good tool but extremely overpriced. I know Gary I know....I'm a **** just like nick...

i think they are well over priced. I think you could use sponge. i've seen people who are good at it. However i don't know how to do it as not way i was taught but i can't understand why plasterers say there is only one way to plaster. Be open minded.

I think refina should hire max Clifford as they r clueless about good .pr.....

They ask for feedback. We tell them delivery too high. They ignore us... I just ordered a left handed tile mastic trowel from a supplier. 1 95 delivery !!!!

I think refina should hire max Clifford as they r clueless about good .pr.....

They ask for feedback. We tell them delivery too high. They ignore us... I just ordered a left handed tile mastic trowel from a supplier. 1 95 delivery !!!!

I understand the problem with the delivery costs being too high, but on another feed I have discussed this at length with beddy to try and explain why our costs are high.

heres the link:

http://www.plasterersforum.com/general-discussions-plastering/43821-refina.html

This did clear some things up

cheers to all the rest of you for the information, much appreciated. I will as always pass on the negative comments about the price to the boss. I understand that the price is the main problem.

If you didnt already know, the 40" spatula is on offer at the moment at £69.00, usually £89.00.

Used the 1 metre spat for the last two days on multi, great for flattening down, not too sure on finishing with it yet, but early days.
Gets the thumbs up for me. only down side is you have to look after the blade, any nick in it, it's fooked. Can you change the blades ?

Used the 1 metre spat for the last two days on multi, great for flattening down, not too sure on finishing with it yet, but early days.
Gets the thumbs up for me. only down side is you have to look after the blade, any nick in it, it's fooked. Can you change the blades ?

glad to hear you are getting on with it so far!

yeah, as the blade is to thin it is unfortunately prone to damage. The new blade is something we are working on and will hopefully have with you soon!

glad to hear you are getting on with it so far!

yeah, as the blade is to thin it is unfortunately prone to damage. The new blade is something we are working on and will hopefully have with you soon!

That sounds like an admission that you should be recalling a defective product to me.

That sounds like an admission that you should be recalling a defective product to me.

that 'to' was meant to be a 'so', sorry. The blade needs to be this thin in order for it to be more flexible than the other products on the market. I can assure you that its not a defective product!!

that 'to' was meant to be a 'so', sorry. The blade needs to be this thin in order for it to be more flexible than the other products on the market. I can assure you that its not a defective product!!

Ah I see, you can see where I was coming from though hopefully.
I'm getting tempted to try one of these spats, it's just the cost that puts me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.