Refina s*p*r*lex Spatulas

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha ive just seen that ad now diddnt want to rub it in with refina though haha

I already have and I'm sure we can mention that these spats are cheaper from The Plasterers One Stop Shop as they are also advertisers on the forum.

haha, we are aware of them dont worry! But i think that the spat they are selling is different to ours in that the steel on the blade is thicker and therefore not as flexible.

We currently have the 40" spat on offer for £69.00+Vat on our website. Heres the link (about half way down the page):

New Products From Refina Ltd

haha, we are aware of them dont worry! But i think that the spat they are selling is different to ours in that the steel on the blade is thicker and therefore not as flexible.

We currently have the 40" spat on offer for £69.00+Vat on our website. Heres the link (about half way down the page):

New Products From Refina Ltd

Are you sure they're different because they sure as hell look the same and are still cheaper than your special offer price? They also have an offer on buying the pole and spat together than saves even more.

Are you sure they're different because they sure as hell look the same and are still cheaper than your special offer price? They also have an offer on buying the pole and spat together than saves even more.

Just had a little look on their website, the picture i can see where the spat is with the pole looks like it is from a different supplier.

I cannot be certain about the others as i dont know what you get in the post.

All our tools come with the year warranty in case of any problems (this excludes dropping the spat etc.)

Hope this helps Andy

Is anybody actually finishing multifinish with the spat or just flattening off? And is there a replacement blade available yet? My 40inch spat is slighty wiggly and is showing in the skimNow which is a shame :(

We are based in Cheltenham, more than welcome to pop Down tomorrow and get the Excalibur. (Exactly the same thing just a different name) will be in from 7.

I own the 24" s*p*r*lex an its grate I use it to flatten the first coat, flatten the second coat with a 18" trowel and trowel the rest with the s*p*r*lex an the finish is so flat its wicked

And Finally!!

The s*p*r*lex is a stainless steel spatula with an ultra flexible used for flattening and levelling large areas of skim plaster

Customer comments

“Might have been done to death but I tried the s*p*r*lex spatula for the first time ever today and its awesome. Laid gear down with the normal steel trowel, then just used s*p*r*lex and finally the plazi to flatten and finish. As good as any walls I've ever skimmed, with plenty of 'sit down' time. I'm confident I could get way more on than usual, using these babies. Nice shaped stainless steel blade can get into corners very well. The size of the spatula means I can smooth out a sponged wall in no time. This allows me to use the s*p*r*lex on a pole over a sponged ceiling with no snags or misses in the plaster, unlike flattening non sponged plasterâ€

“The design of the s*p*r*lex is easy on the wrists meaning an effortless set. Applying pressure is easy. Once the sponge lines are flat I can then use the s*p*r*lex spatula to finish the wall/ceiling area in a good time and with less pressure on the wristsâ€
“Basically I sponge the plaster allowing us to use a s*p*r*lex again. As I do a lot of domestic work, the walls are a bit uneven so I use the 600cm spat and found it covered the wall with no missed areas or snagsâ€

“We have been trying sponge methods and have used a range of tools. Recently I have been using the s*p*r*lex spats to flatten in sponged plaster, this has worked so well for several reasons. When flattening and trowelling in sponge lines, it can take time and be hard work on the wrist as we need to apply a decent amount of pressure to remove them. Allow 3-5 minutes until the sponge lines are not so wet and have started to firm up again as you don’t want to flatten it in while still really wet as you will just take off the surface. Wait a short while and trowel with the spatula. Clean up get ready for next set and return to wall for a quick polish up with spat. By using the spats, it speeds up the set and make life so easyâ€

“Flatten quickly with a s*p*r*lex spatula to remove lines and tidy up. Once ready tidy up corners and trowel over wall by hand with a steel trowel filling in any missed areas, the wall still a bit wet at this stageâ€

pmsl

Status
Not open for further replies.