refina plaziflex trowel problems

thomas odonnell

Hi everyone ,need some advice .Have just finished big job .Laid on all walls with mt stainless trowel,then flattened in with mt stainless, then troweled up with plaziflex, walls looked great until painted and downlighters fitted ,they looked ripply as f**k couldnt believe how bad some of them looked.Any advice would be appreciated.

Maybe a change of career ?

Why is it a refina plaziflex problem ? I'd say it's your problem

Hi everyone ,need some advice .Have just finished big job .Laid on all walls with mt stainless trowel,then flattened in with mt stainless, then troweled up with plaziflex, walls looked great until painted and downlighters fitted ,they looked ripply as f**k couldnt believe how bad some of them looked.Any advice would be appreciated.
Got caught out myself doing my own house and ended up redoing it. Flatten and first wet with mt trowel then second wet and final pass with s*p*r*lex or if I want it shiney I use plastic for final pass.

They're shite. They don't have the rigidity to flatten plaster. Even if you have it flat already the plastic can easily knock it out of shape, as you've learned. Unless it's set..but then what's the point.

The walls that the lights are shining on get joint filler and spread is all over the wall and give it a sand problem solved. I had the same problem with the s*p*r*lex. So now I only use it on my last trowel. Don't use the plastic trowel anymore.

s*p*r*lex and plazzi are good but only for final pass. A well worn trowel and lots of light are the key to good plastering , keep your lights mobile

I know a gang of skimmers who do everything with there s*p*r*lex there havnt even got mt anymore..dont use speedskim to get it flat just do everything with s*p*r*lex..

Surely you must know when your doin it something aint right......we all like shortcuts but ive told myself before fuuck this aint right

s*p*r*lex and plazzi are good but only for final pass. A well worn trowel and lots of light are the key to good plastering , keep your lights mobile
Are u still keeping yer carbons well oiled Ma mate I was using me 20 incher the other day ,me other MT 14" bent too much on corners nah

Are u still keeping yer carbons well oiled Ma mate I was using me 20 incher the other day ,me other MT 14" bent too much on corners nah

Contrary to popular belief 20 inch is too big for me [emoji17] my trusty 14 inch is tucked up with an oily rag for the weekend

I know a gang of skimmers who do everything with there s*p*r*lex there havnt even got mt anymore..dont use speedskim to get it flat just do everything with s*p*r*lex..
Is there work any good? I can see how they might prefer trowelling up with a s*p*r*lex but why would you prefer to coat on with it?

I've seen work that looked a 100% that was finished with the s*p*r*lex after the skim was put on with a mt. Was back on job when painted it looked s**t.

only for final lick for me.... same with the s*p*r*lex you need to be aware that it is flexible blade :D

Hi again just to say thanks to everyone for their replies ,they have been really helpfull , i will now bin the plazi and stick to what i know .Thank you.

Got loads of new things arriving over the next few weeks. Most is online already, will have more to add soon.

Let me know what tickles your fancy and I'll see what I can do
You got anything I can use to sound proof my room so the wife can't hear me cracking one off?

The nela mediflex is identical bar the handle to the refina s*p*r*lex. The nela has slightly more rounded corners but the mediflex is so much better than the nela s*p*r*lex but again its often the person using the trowel rather than a "magic" trowel that can make a novice into an instant professional! ?? I personally like the superteds as they save time and wear and tear on my joints etc which can only be a good thing?