Refina Plastic trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyR

Bought myself one of those plazy trowels from refina last week, was looking at em in the hire shop i use when i went to get a gas heater. Gotta say i rather like em for flatting and wet trowel. Find i only have to do one wet then a dry. Brings the fat up a lot quicker than steel. I was quite suprised, i thought they'd be gash.
That said id like to see em round the rear corners of the metal blad insert and maybe put some grooves down from the corner of where it sits towards the rear of the trowel to make it easier to remove.
Other n that quite happy with my purchase :RpS_thumbup:

What do you guys think of em?

I got a 16" in the end, looked at the 20" n thought it a tad unwieldy. I lay on with a 16" so better the devil you know.

I got a 16" in the end, looked at the 20" n thought it a tad unwieldy. I lay on with a 16" so better the devil you know.

Unwieldy! Good word! "on guard"

Thought about one of these too. Does it keep a straight edge? Or is it quite a flimsy plastic?

maybe i should try a ski on each hand, that way i can do both sides of a hallway at the same time!
Fair play to those of you that like the bigger ones, they just dont suit me at the moment :RpS_crying:

I like my 16 plastic :)

I got my bucket bitch to flatten in with it a few weeks back and he did an awesome job with it :)

Dont let on to the general public how easy it is :)

If you screw your skimming trowel up this will keep you out of trouble till a new one wears in :)

so i take it that a plastic trowel is the way to go? i have had a play with one (in the bogs on a quiet site lol) but didnt like the finish just didnt polish up as well as i can do with my 14" but have recently thought about getting one but theres soooo many out there and i didnt know which one to go for!!!

its took me 15 years to put down my 13 inch stainless steel trowel!!!!

Plazy's are mint for flatting, and wet, though I find steel better for final dry polish. You can also get away with the one wet if ya mist the surface with a spray bottle. Seems to close the surface in nicely and bring the fat up a lot quicker than steel in my opinion. Plus theyre light as feck, and just glide over, no dragging at all. Nice piece of kit.

which ones are better to go for? ive seen ones that is a plastic trowel i have also seen them with changeable blades and a lad on site the other day had a flexi trowel ( he said he got it from refine for £50) im just totally confused when it comes to plastic trowels

Plazy's are mint for flatting, and wet, though I find steel better for final dry polish. You can also get away with the one wet if ya mist the surface with a spray bottle. Seems to close the surface in nicely and bring the fat up a lot quicker than steel in my opinion. Plus theyre light as feck, and just glide over, no dragging at all. Nice piece of kit.

Someone else who gets it! Your 40" spat is great for final trowel after plastic. Seems like us gillingham boys know the score on these things.

The refina plaziflex ones are the kiddie mate, u can swap the blades over if you need to. I use a 16" but that personal preference. I know a lot of the lads use the larger sizes, simply because of speed when flatting off, as you'll still be laying on with steel. You can just hit a bit earlier on the flatten with the plazy, and it leaves a pukka job.

Get the ones with the changeable handles, handtoolsxpress do them cheaper. By the mini trowel and the blades as seperates it works out even cheap then plus you can get a few different sizes. Think I got 16 and 24 for same price as a single trowel from refina direct.

Have some wet and dry with you and give a light going over on the edges each morning. Keeps them sweet!

Me spat isnt arriving til end of the week, so i may bang a saturday in just to have a play with it! (and the spat)
they are nice as I said, we only use them for final trowels now! Speedskim and plastics all the way :)

Speedskim likes CPI as well! Well worth 30 squids

you bought a speedskim then? What are they like? as the videos shite and you cant really see wtf the thing looks like. Does it boost your output like they say?

No it don't boost you out put but it is proper quick on the right walls. It's a valued tool for us as it fits in well with the spray method we are developing. I think without the s*p*r*lex spats, plastic trowels and speed skim it just woulnt work. Also none of these tools work with multi aswell as with the spray finish. We use it for everything now even hand applying it on non machine friendly jobs.

It's a shame that u have to buy it by the pallet as it's putting people of trying it.

Last edited:
cheers but i might just get the trowel with the blade and then get some replacement blades for it im not that bothered about a couple quid

Andy did you round the corners off on ya plazi?? Just got one today and i normally round the corners on a new steel just wondered if ya did the same on the plastic fantastic??

Andy did you round the corners off on ya plazi?? Just got one today and i normally round the corners on a new steel just wondered if ya did the same on the plastic fantastic??

No you don't need to.

Used mine the last couple days for closing in render after ruling, quick cross trowel when it's picked up a little.....boooootiful.

Same as above, no need to round the corners off. Even converted a bloke whos on with me at the moment whos got 30 years in to one. Laughed my tits off, especially after his two weeks of 'nah, im too set in my ways' and ' cant beat steel'. He gave it a blast and then let on he was gonna buy one himself!

Status
Not open for further replies.