Refina plastic trowels....why?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairybear

Hi all,

So, was skimming with a guy a couple of weeks ago who was using one of these refina plastic trowels. He only used it to trowel up, layed on using his marshalltown. Am I missing something here? What is it with them which is supposed to give you the edge over your everyday steel trowel such as my MT? He raved on about it.....but I don't know why?

Any facts would be useful as I'm looking at ways to speed up my sets, maybe these help, or is it just another tool in the bag?

They are ok , i wouldnt say they speed things up , just another tool really , cheap enough to try , flatten in pretty well , but dont like suction or a dry plaster edge and nic really easy , but worth having one around .

They are ok , i wouldnt say they speed things up , just another tool really , cheap enough to try , flatten in pretty well , but dont like suction or a dry plaster edge and nic really easy , but worth having one around .
Think that covered it well :RpS_thumbup:

I would recommend one from Plasterers onestop shop. they are cheaper and so are the replacement blades

I would recommend one from Plasterers onestop shop. they are cheaper and so are the replacement blades

The handle looks, slightly agricultural on those one's......not sure my little hands would cope! Thanks for the heads up tho.

My MT flattens in very well, maybe I just need to man up and buy a bigger one....food for thought.

Cheers.

Its worth a blast for a tenner though.........................:RpS_thumbup:

Its all for show ie finish like glass !but then when you do that it cracks easier but great for hand turned coves spot on infact !as the lads have said just another handy bit of kit !theplastic ones from the plasterers one stop shop are well better as mentioned.

Plastic trowel is brilliant for stairwell arches ,can't be beaten,onestopshop sell one that is cheap and practical

Nowt wrong with Refina Plazzi's ............. all in the timing / blade size imo ... you cant turn wet plaster to glass ... that's too late . lay on your 2nd... flatten with a s/s then 5-10 mins later using a non foam backed blade and keeping the trowel pretty closed it flattens in and leaves your set ready for one more pass ..... next to no water , less effort , uniform colour ... yes they nick but jesus fine sanding blocks are a quid .

I also don't agree with people saying your work cracks, you are shining bumps (not flattened if that's the case) ... great bit of kit and refina can have my money happily

Def try And see ya this week ,ill ATM even didn't go spurs tonight ,out tomorrow night,working wed night ,:)

Can certainly see the benefit of a plastic trowel on curved surfaces, arches etc....amount of times I've caught the front edge of my trowel as I'm troweling up a tight radius.....

Nowt wrong with Refina Plazzi's ............. all in the timing / blade size imo ... you cant turn wet plaster to glass ... that's too late . lay on your 2nd... flatten with a s/s then 5-10 mins later using a non foam backed blade and keeping the trowel pretty closed it flattens in and leaves your set ready for one more pass ..... next to no water , less effort , uniform colour ... yes they nick but jesus fine sanding blocks are a quid .

I also don't agree with people saying your work cracks, you are shining bumps (not flattened if that's the case) ... great bit of kit and refina can have my money happily

Have u used the refina s*p*r*lex.

If the refina plastic and 1stopshop where the same price what would u buy.

Am thinking of getting the refina one I have the one stop shop 1

Have u used the refina s*p*r*lex.

No m8 I haven't ... don't see the point with using plastic ... I am getting a refina one s/f next week to have a play and see what the hypes about though. Not gonna lose sleep over £35 delivered...

In answer to the next question id get refina plastic trowels .... nothing against anything that p1ss sell but I don't see the point in changing tools that serve me very well

No m8 I haven't ... don't see the point with using plastic ... I am getting a refina one s/f next week to have a play and see what the hypes about though. Not gonna lose sleep over £35 delivered...

In answer to the next question id get refina plastic trowels .... nothing against anything that p1ss sell but I don't see the point in changing tools that serve me very well

They could always serve you better mate ;-)

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

They could always serve you better mate ;-)

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Very possible they could .... I know .....send me a trial s*p*r*lex .... o wait we've tried this :RpS_lol: ... Im honestly joking so don't take me serious :flapper: .... sort of stick to what u know for me .... the monet refina tools annoy me in anyway i'll try some nela :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.