Recommend plasterers tools for Christmas please

RETEP

So I'm a painter and decorator and I want to buy my mate a high-quality trowel or something for Christmas as a thank you for recommending me for a job. He's a plasterer, in case you were wondering.
The job has been worth about 14k so far with the possibility for loads more work, so I feel like I should get him something decent.

What brands would you guys go for?
And what tool?

Cheers.

Marshal town , everything they sell :whistle: and refina super flex and speed skim set :whistle::whistle:
Dont get him a hand board though get him a hawk :whistle::whistle::whistle:
And a big bag to put it all in, then stuff the gaps with £20 notes to protect the tools ! :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:.

Hello! Personally il just ask your mate what trowel he thinks is best because your thinking of getting one then get him it. Most spreads are really fussy on what trowel they use. Il only use Marshall town S/S Xtra light.

14 k and you are going to get a poxy trowel ..:cachetada: A night of cocaine. drink and prostitutes would go down better . I like your dog by the way.(y)

Argh painters can be our best friends or worse enemies but anyway good this is my kind of thread I’ll write out a list later

It will be long

Argh painters can be our best friends or worse enemies but anyway good this is my kind of thread I’ll write out a list later

It will be long
Vincey , i think you need to get a non plastering related hobby .

Buy him a big roll of sandpaper and a bag of easifil and tell him you thought long and hard and wanted something really personal.

I second that it’s a total luxury everyone would want but wouldn’t spend the money on themselves
That's it. I mean how many shaving kits, knit sweaters and trendy trainers do I need. I buzz my face, plaster and paint stick to knit worse than all and I only take my boots off for weddings and funerals. Bah humbug.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

There’s a parallel universe full of pens, pencils, socks, favourite pants and has shops that still have exactly the same boots, jackets, tools that you bought one of years ago......lived and died in, and when you,went to buy another.........”sorry they don’t make ‘em anymore”...........:(

TBH I see enough of bloody trowels all day without having someone going buying me one.
If your dead set on not giving him a few pound for a drink out of it wich, is what I would do then give him a voucher for x-amount for some tool place. He might get something for a hobby he has

So I'm a painter and decorator and I want to buy my mate a high-quality trowel or something for Christmas as a thank you for recommending me for a job. He's a plasterer, in case you were wondering.
The job has been worth about 14k so far with the possibility for loads more work, so I feel like I should get him something decent.

What brands would you guys go for?
And what tool?

Cheers.

Maybe get him something else than a trowel which he probably already has like a hawk holder? Fixed or mobile but the mobile one is from Oz so youd have to order soon for xmas

images

If he has kids then buy something special for them...

It will mean a lot more to him and will be appreciated...

Maybe get him something else than a trowel which he probably already has like a hawk holder? Fixed or mobile but the mobile one is from Oz so youd have to order soon for xmas

images

Hey Jed thanks for the link. I'm going to weld one up soon, but fitted to attach to a small step ladder or even around a door frame. Great idea that. [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

TBH I see enough of bloody trowels all day without having someone going buying me one.
If your dead set on not giving him a few pound for a drink out of it wich, is what I would do then give him a voucher for x-amount for some tool place. He might get something for a hobby he has

I passed some work on to @Cornelius and he was kind enough to buy me a gift voucher for Plasterers1stopshop, a brilliant thank you I thought. I'm always giving people a "drink" (usually £20/£50 ) for passing me work, part of the game I think