Real plasterers tradesman

Members online

Who on here is a real tradesman. That can do internal and external.

Not just skimming.

Be interesting to see how meny tradesman is actually on the forum.

Not having a go at anyone that can just skim if they can make a living out of it fair play.

But skimming don't make u a tradesman.

:endesacuerdo:yes but can you scaffold, tile, Venetian, kill a man in 49 different ways with an egg cup or beat Chuck Norris at connect four in just 3 moves.
:fuckyou:.

No mate , too slow for site work. 15 years or more since i did a site
Easier when your younger and money was always decent on the grip , i dunno whats going on now , rates from the 90s!
Problem is nobody sticks together and has no idea what the rates are and what they should be asking for then the undercutting is rampant.
They have a skills shortage and loads of work going on but still working for feck all.
I work for small builders on a day rate and try get as many domestics as i can , money is crap but work is handy , builders dont want you clearing any more than £120 but you make it up with domestics if you can get enough of them.
Wouldn't know what rates are myself, I'd say s**t huff for the wages are the sake as ten year ago lol it's apparently the brickys are getting decent money, anyone I talk to is getting better dough than most the plasterers and any job we are on the building is awful

Wouldn't know what rates are myself, I'd say s**t huff for the wages are the sake as ten year ago lol it's apparently the brickys are getting decent money, anyone I talk to is getting better dough than most the plasterers and any job we are on the building is awful

Thats no accident either! Can you think of any other job in the world that you do day in/day out and dont know what the rates are? divide and conquer , everyone against each other and getting nowhere.
The irish are the worst for it too. Do you ever see any other trades on the site stressed? Are they all driving brand new liveried vans?
I dunno what your on but if was on site i would be expecting a big note a week or else whats the point?
I work at a few other things , unskilled and mostly students at it , stand around clock watching and clearing £100 a day.
Cleaner earns £15 per hour self employed ffs

ten years ago you thought of a price and tripled it! that was wrong too and i stupidly didnt do it but rates now are the same as the 90's , ive been offered jobs for money i paid my labourer a day :)

Naw I know, boys we work for don't like telling us, for if we knew we'd likely be hitting them for more dough. For someone like myself as part of a gang, not gonna get paid enough and they will look a brave days work out u for their money. Price on site either subbing or ideally direct, to cut out the making money for someone else out the price is the only way to make,but prices are still pretty shite. Lot of sweat for not enough paper lol

All the crying about money on this forum,and it's all ye here on sites aswell,I'd like Everyman to say what is a realistic and fair days pay for a man,bearing in mind there has to be a top wage for top men and a lower wage for men slightly less capable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be reflective of the skillset to leave agood finish and wear and tear on the body of doing the job. To the point we probably, on average over here, earn half of what men make in England. Obviously different costs of living in different areas, so wages will be higher/lower reflecting it, but still. Definitely agree, the more capable a man is he should get. Stands to make sense.

Name ur price Simon,in our part of the country I'd say an average man is gettin 80-100 quid working for a subbie,that's it,and the top subbies might pull 140- 160 a man,wages r s**t in this country,I think a top man should pull 750 a week no probs,that would be shite wages to the English men

Name ur price Simon,in our part of the country I'd say an average man is gettin 80-100 quid working for a subbie,that's it,and the top subbies might pull 140- 160 a man,wages r s**t in this country,I think a top man should pull 750 a week no probs,that would be shite wages to the English men

140-160 is the going rate on subbies what I can see on big sites for a days work, advertised on Facebook most of the time. Fair doos some do give m² rates,, but then it can go south if nothing ever ready. Somany middle man in this game, and by the time the man who actually does the work very little money in the job. Everyone just want to cream it, that's how I see it really. So many people take jobs on with no real labour force behind them then the d*m**o effect starts that people sub it to a subbie who sub it out to a subbie and so on.

Screenshot_20170917-120311.png

Depends what Englishmen.

North West is €100 120.

A smart man works two for 240 even on private work. Then he pays a younger man 100 or an improver 80 and pockets 160.

Are you not a smart man?

90b6fadf-718a-43ce-8839-4f36346d450b.jpg

Yeah they are shite here, that's kind of my point. U seem to be agreeing with the point I am trying to make, yet it feels like you're arguing with me about it? And I think the figures u have said are bang on. Tbh I think 6-7 home would be a decent wage here yet most i know are 4-450 home. Different if bluffing about time work but if ur sent in and expected to work for it u need min a ton a day here but that seems to be the top end if in a squad.

All the crying about money on this forum,and it's all ye here on sites aswell,I'd like Everyman to say what is a realistic and fair days pay for a man,bearing in mind there has to be a top wage for top men and a lower wage for men slightly less capable

I said what i think is fair , on site knocking the metres out then you should be on a big note , taking home £750 at least and working up from there as you get a routine going.

Day rate is different esp in a squad with a small builder , i find it easier to work alone , if somethings not ready and i do a bit of boarding or labouring then its no big deal paying me but hard to do that at £300 a day for a squad.

To put that in perspective , at £100 a day self employed , your working for around minimum wage when you factor in holiday pay , stamps , van costs , sick pay etc etc.
Better off doing something else on the books.
Plasterers here in the North need to stop pissing around for that stupid money , plenty taking £80 a day and doing 3 hits for it.

I understand its not as easy as that , thats why i do other things and only do the plastering when the money is good and the work is easy

Not arguing at all lad,just a lot of chat about wages,b great if we all could b making decent money,u hear the stories men going to England and the men over there making £250-£350 a day,makes ye wonder what the difference is,

back in the 90's i worked for , Pattons , Henrys , Pilot,Mascott and also the plastering lads , Clarkes , McAlesse etc
Always took home £500+ , usually around £700 , just a standard days work too for it , 2 hits and always home by 4
Whats going on now is a madness!
Even the housing executive stuff with a 1+1 i was clearing £500 back then

Not arguing at all lad,just a lot of chat about wages,b great if we all could b making decent money,u hear the stories men going to England and the men over there making £250-£350 a day,makes ye wonder what the difference is,

Not very likely true mate.

But if it is, it's because there's more work than men in the area at that time and the only way to get it done is to attract the nomadic types.

My bad mate, but I'm sure u know urself, if were to stick in prices to reflect that, customer would have heart failure and sites u just wouldn't get the jobs. Our squad do 3hits a day for 80-90 a day home. That I know of, most in my area are on the same. Some squads are on a bit more but they are flat to the mat day in day out. Unless everyone is full of s**t and lying to us about their prices to keep wages down. Where do you do most ur work mate?

back in the 90's i worked for , Pattons , Henrys , Pilot,Mascott and also the plastering lads , Clarkes , McAlesse etc
Always took home £500+ , usually around £700 , just a standard days work too for it , 2 hits and always home by 4
Whats going on now is a madness!
Even the housing executive stuff with a 1+1 i was clearing £500 back then
Mascot on time was a bluffing match, don't know what they paid though, done kitchen and window schemes on grip for them too. Well I was on time but my employer was in grip. Lol

Mid Ulster area,never more than half an hr from home,home is just outside cookstown,normally country roads,I don't do motorway,lol,that keeps costs down,

Everyone is on the same rate by the sounds of it,the only way to make more money is to put in big days,not really the answer though

Everyone is on the same rate by the sounds of it,the only way to make more money is to put in big days,not really the answer though

Not long term. Aye not too far from us either, antrim area, do most the work round Glenavy moira, but we are in a site in Ballyclare atm too. I'm only a worker so don't know the rates, but apparently they aren't too bad, but we seem to be pushed through them rightly, maybe he's just got greedy. Lol. Seems to be a brave bit of work round Dungannon keep seeing boys lookin men that direction. Backroads aren't nice in the frost though lol

Aye seen that myself around dungannon,ur only down the road from us,we r all on the same boat!worked in ballyclare a few years ago when things were quiet here,normally all we do is private houses,suits me well not another man around only us[emoji2]

Mascot on time was a bluffing match, don't know what they paid though, done kitchen and window schemes on grip for them too. Well I was on time but my employer was in grip. Lol

i was on a tenner a window , kept the joiners sweet and they took them out without damaging the heads and reveals. 6 or 7 windows a house and easily do 2 even if they needed the reveals formed. Sometimes it was a bit of half and half round all the windows in a house :)
I have fond memories of that , did it for years in loads of estates

push your prices up , take a look here http://jobs.hays.co.uk/Plasterer-jobs , thats a rip off agency and they are paying £15+ per hour , the maintenance ones at a £10+ are ok too , on the cards , van and fuel card and patching jobs.
I was doing some housing exec work and was getting £15.50 mixing 1/2 yellow buckets. Carillion pay around £12 and on the cards /van etc
The money is out there , problem with the site stuff is the plastering contractor , they supply and fit and take all the fizz out of it.

Whats gonna happen lads is that when Brexit uncertainty kicks in then the work will dry up again , demand the money now when they cant get anyone.

Aye seen that myself around dungannon,ur only down the road from us,we r all on the same boat!worked in ballyclare a few years ago when things were quiet here,normally all we do is private houses,suits me well not another man around only us[emoji2]

Aye most of ours is private builds and extensions for a couple of builders he does his work for, but last winter got Into that site in Ballyclare, there's other ones on it, so means we can come and go a bit more, but it's a decent fall back. Although it's a torture too, built badly and all, the usual lol

Again its no accident we are all on the same shitty rate , these contractors all sit down and discuss wages with each other , they control demand and supply so they dont have to push wages up. They are making a killing now as they are charging boom prices and paying us next to nothing. Sure its always been the same , if you refuse to do it always someone behind you willing to do it for nothing , they couldnt care less about the quality of the work.

Its a tough trade , treated like shyte and paid peanuts
Domestic isnt easy here either , need your work to come word of mouth , mybuilder and stuff and your competing with the £50 a day dole boys

Pretty much all new stuff we be doing. Get odd domestics, but especially where I am, there is a pile of plasterers in my town, so has a go farther afield. Up around the city or that there would be more of a demand for domestics than locally but it's ballache too, trying go up around there. I think mascot paid us a fiver a window.. So he said anyways. 150 a kitchen, and we done 3 a day as a 2n 1.

Simon85 , would you go out on your own in the future?
I might have a job coming up in a couple of months , work in Ballyclare , clock watching and patching £14.5o per hour , wouldn't be till Nov , sure if your quiet then let me know.

Defo £10 a window , when we started they butchered them and were having to set heads and reveals on every window, throwing bonding at them , took a house each and were struggling to do more than one a day , but there was years of work , so when the joiners helped us we could of made a killing but we played smart ;) If you start knocking them out and making money you find the price gets chopped very quickly , so we aimed never to do too many.

I might have a job coming up in a couple of months , work in Ballyclare , clock watching and patching £14.5o per hour , wouldn't be till Nov , sure if your quiet then let me know.

Defo £10 a window , when we started they butchered them and were having to set heads and reveals on every window, throwing bonding at them , took a house each and were struggling to do more than one a day , but there was years of work , so when the joiners helped us we could of made a killing but we played smart ;) If you start knocking them out and making money you find the price gets chopped very quickly , so we aimed never to do too many.
Lying bastid then creaming off us. Then the perks of being a boss lol. No immediate plans to atm, the notion comes and goes mate. Patching on time can be tedious, but if we are quiet round thn I'll defo consider it. I actually don't mind site work, being steadily busy through the day, no one likes a killing though, chasing ur tail for pennys lol

I do site work all the time. I am on site 7 till 5 Monday to Thursday finish about 1 on Friday. Hourly rates are 18 to 20 quid. Prices for skimming are 3 to 4 quid a metre. Just walked if a site last week. Got inducted, went to see the QS for prices. 2.75 a metre and the walls were 4.5 metres high. You can fin keep your work for that price. His reply was the other spreads are happy with the price they are making 120 a day. F*****g joke the labourers are on 90 a day carrying plaster boards in. It's hard to get decent prices. I was on 3 quid a metre 15 years ago and had a labourer working with me then. Spreads with a labourer.are non existent on site now.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I do site work all the time. I am on site 7 till 5 Monday to Thursday finish about 1 on Friday. Hourly rates are 18 to 20 quid. Prices for skimming are 3 to 4 quid a metre. Just walked if a site last week. Got inducted, went to see the QS for prices. 2.75 a metre and the walls were 4.5 metres high. You can fin keep your work for that price. His reply was the other spreads are happy with the price they are making 120 a day. F*****g joke the labourers are on 90 a day carrying plaster boards in. It's hard to get decent prices. I was on 3 quid a metre 15 years ago and had a labourer working with me then. Spreads with a labourer.are non existent on site now.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
That's pathetic for high walls. We use then still here, thought they are hard to come across, and it's still mostly sand and cement on block walls we do. Do get. Some timber frame sites too but most that I been on are floated and skimmed.

Feel for you boys 3 bed house i get 1320 do two a week
Fair nuff it was a few years ago now, in middle of recession we were getting 550 3bed house, and done two a week. Its been a while since I was on a timber frame site so don't know rates on them now, not great I'd say, mind old employer was giving just under 8 to float n skim a 3bed house. Took 4 days or 4days and a setting next day, then bead next one. Sad times, though that was probably around 4/5 years ago. I'd say that man loved the recession, screwed us all for a good few years

f**k me it's s**t down your way lads. Am getting €6 to €7.50 m2 skimming Labour. €16 to €18m2 Labour for one coat render. And am going to put my price up I think. Have a new bloke starting next week €170 A day he wants. I'll give him a go. But told him I'll start him on 150. See how he is.