Re-Skim Cracking!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basher

Hi Lads done a reskim the other week walls were solid had a few hair line cracks in the normal places i.e above window and door i said to the customer that i would hack back re rough it out and skim it but he didnt want the mess so i said i would scrim the crack and skim but dont want it on my head!! Any way went back to job today to do h,s&l and went in the room i all ready had done and i spotted two hair line cracks tapped either side and it sounds solid any ideas to as why this has happened?? been doing plastering 8years and not had this before??? cheers lads

Cracking happens sometimes on reskims mate.Just one of those things..You can limit it by proper control of suction and putting 2 good coats on ( alittler thicker than on boards) but still sometimes it happens.Shrinkage.

Always happens on reskims mate especialy on the windows i tell them first before i start the job so they know what might happen

Whats the best way for them to sort it out bit of caulk, poly or something the same funny things the customers cant even tell there there but i could soon as i looked :(

i had it a few yrs back on a reboarded job. obv taped all the joints, went back a few weeks later for the floor and it had hairlined everywhere. was a bit baffled

^^^^
What rock says:RpS_thumbup:

Tape all your cracks & put fibres in your 1st coat:RpS_thumbup:

What are these fibres u speak of?

You can get them from a few places but just lately I've been using some from wickes.
There in a small bag called "no crack concrete"
less than £2.50 a bag.
Put a quarter of the bag of fibres to each bag of plaster.
Chuck em in the water whizz em round then add plaster:RpS_thumbup:
Only use in 1st coat though or your walls will look like they need a shave:RpS_biggrin:

thats a bitch of a job bedding the mesh in. i found it much easier to bed it into a tight skim of bondong then set it. seemed to go a bit nicer

Fcuking mad realy in years gon by we used animal hairs for obvious reasons, then came modern Gypsum plasters so we didnt need them, now we do,

Status
Not open for further replies.