RATES

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people just go for the price Dave ,they could not give a f**k if you put it on with a spoon

Yeah but he's just made twice the amount of money because he's got a machine and 99% of plasterers don't
is it just me or does that not make sense?

its a can of worms... always ends in tears... but I do know every plasterers needs to be charging more because this trade will put you in an early grave... and for what? Get in make your money and get out while you can still breath :D

Yeah but he's just made twice the amount of money because he's got a machine and 99% of plasterers don't
is it just me or does that not make sense?
i have had one for 10 years ,i just price my work ,easy really ,or is it me ?

Freed by hand x m then get machine = more £££££££££££££
I think you have Keith I know what you're saying but in all fairness he's not an idiot

Most people just go for the price Dave ,they could not give a f**k if you put it on with a spoon
That made me lol mate

Next there will be threads asking about the Speedspoon and Plazispoon
Or some wifey asking if her husband moves to a new County then whats the m2 rate for spoon finish

Obviously you're joking, but you may want to edit the post anyway given that HMRC frequently check trade forums.

VAT Fraud Sentencing Range:
  • Fine to 7 years imprisonment (Value Added Tax Act 1994),
  • up to 7 years imprisonment (Theft Act 1968),
  • fine to 10 years imprisonment (Fraud Act 2006)
[FONT=Lucida Grande, Arial, Tahoma, Trebuchet MS, Lucida Sans Unicode, Verdana, sans-serif][/FONT]
I get cash sometimes and don't pay the tax they can read this if they want. :fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou: the tax man can go f**k himself :birra:

I may be missing the point here, but surely everyone prices their work as costs(inc a wage) + profit? It doesn't matter if you put gear on with your fingers, a trowel or a machine, you set your profit for the job.

If you work purely on number of days multiplied by a day rate you're going to miss out. Obviously it's part of the equation, but there's more to it than that.

its a can of worms... always ends in tears... but I do know every plasterers needs to be charging more because this trade will put you in an early grave... and for what? Get in make your money and get out while you can still breath :D
I'd agree with that.

How do you work you're jobs out
f**k sake Dave ! give it a rest mate ,you never posted the wrong comment ? ,seen loads of your post back in the day saying how s**t machines are ,until your boss got one ,come on
keith there's no need to get you're nickers in a twist but I'm sure there's a post up there laughing at him pricing it like that which you implying was silly and to me makes great sense like that last post by imago blah blah days time whatever which he can twist and turn whatever the he wants in a reply but I get the general idea he's saying costs plus time plus mats and if he's using a machine he's going to do it quicker blah blah and freeds pricing it by hand blah blah and using a machine blah blah and it's a price strategy blah blah to me what he's doing is perfect sense he's pricing a job and using a machine

I may be missing the point here, but surely everyone prices their work as costs(inc a wage) + profit? It doesn't matter if you put gear on with your fingers, a trowel or a machine, you set your profit for the job.

If you work purely on number of days multiplied by a day rate you're going to miss out. Obviously it's part of the equation, but there's more to it than that.
On bigger jobs may be imago ,on domestic 1 or 2 day jobs I don't think you can add more than a days wage to be honest.
Sometimes I get lucky but most is just a days money for me anyway.

I know I'll get a killing for this as people don't like discussing it but here is a list of general rates for any member of the public who comes on here wanting to know an average cost for an actual plasterer charges.

Feel free to add an area and price if you wish.

Danny please don't ban me I'm just being honest!

So

South/South west £350 average per day.
London and surrounding £450+ per day.
North £300 per day.
Scotland £295 per day.

This if for 1 plasterer only and extra plasterers and labourers will be at an additional cost.

Please note these are average costs but are based on the low end of the scale and day work costs.

Materials plant/tool hire and any other commodity required are extras.

VAT Is also not included and will depend on individual companies.

Hope this helps.

Many a member on this site are regularly passed work between each other and from new members of the public so please look on here before you try your local job centre or B and Q car park if you require a high standard of finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

450 sterling a day for 1 man plastering. If you can get me these rates for a years work, I'll also make your dinner at night, get the mises to wash and iron your clothes and as a bonus, I'll let you fcuk her senseless while I'm cleaning your plastering tools!

On bigger jobs may be imago ,on domestic 1 or 2 day jobs I don't think you can add more than a days wage to be honest.
Sometimes I get lucky but most is just a days money for me anyway.

I know this has come up a few times on here, and not everyone has the same approach, but I think everyone would agree they charge what they consider a fair wage plus costs. The bit that seems to vary and sometimes get missed out is profit for the company, and every company needs to make a profit to survive and work well.

My (blah blah) point is that as long as you cover everything and make a profit all's well. If you just cover your costs and a low/basic wage the slightest thing can screw the job and maybe take the business under. How that profit is worked out is irelevant really, add a percentage, add time, use a machine but price for hand applied, it's all the same.

Thanks arti I'm hammered mate lol hail hail you should get over the water most rates are 150 English poonds

450 sterling a day for 1 man plastering. If you can get me these rates for a years work, I'll also make your dinner at night, get the mises to wash and iron your clothes and as a bonus, I'll let you fcuk her senseless while I'm cleaning your plastering tools!
To be fair he would probably swap the f**k**g to clean his tools :) and that's not because he has seen a picture of her lol

I know this has come up a few times on here, and not everyone has the same approach, but I think everyone would agree they charge what they consider a fair wage plus costs. The bit that seems to vary and sometimes get missed out is profit for the company, and every company needs to make a profit to survive and work well.

My (blah blah) point is that as long as you cover everything and make a profit all's well. If you just cover your costs and a low/basic wage the slightest thing can screw the job and maybe take the business under. How that profit is worked out is irelevant really, add a percentage, add time, use a machine but price for hand applied, it's all the same.

Reading this I go back to a earlier thread where we had a discussion and you provided some good advise on how to price. I took that on board and priced a re render posted on here where client cried and I got a bit of abuse for being to expensive! Stuck to me guns though and price is the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.