RATES m2

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayjames

what are the rates by the metre
for skimming ceilings??? labour only...
down sarf!(south)

and is there a PPM for overboarding ceilings???

ta
jason

im on £15 m2 cheep but i do get the work m8te southend fall of oaps but im not a cowboy i do a hard days work and to mack my money i get the m2 coverd ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) its beter to go day rate

when it was busy a couple of years back there was a gang round are way that got £12 sqm labour only .....nice job too

I had a job over xmas that was £10 s/m skimming labour only and it was big areas as well ..... once in a blue moon though.

napper83 said:
is that right tom or are u taking the (french word) a bit?

Yip straight up seen the quote a guy got, worked out at £900 to skim a bathroom
When the guy said are you re boarding floating etc hw was told thats what it costs what ever is required ::)

p.s the same went for tiling :eek:

doesnt surprise me at all... just an easy way of ensuring the company make money whatever the job is.. the salesmen are just that.. salesmen.. not plasterers, tilers, fitters, plumbers or even have any experience whatsoever in the building trade..
Ill bet it helps too.. if you dont have the foggiest idea what your talking about and someone tells you that is the going rate, you just apply your sales techniques and half the time theyll get the job!!

mate, if your overboarding you aint gonna be on a site, and if you aint on a site you dont charge by the metre..
metre rates are for sites where you turn up, mix up and get it on..
domestic is different, you gotta go price the job, go get the materials, look after the customer, the customers house, the customers driveway and kepp a good name for yourself..
therefore you charge by what the job is worth..
and that works out a lot more per metre than site work..

you not seen ron the builder his on £25 a m2 on utube have a look

Chris W said:
mate, if your overboarding you aint gonna be on a site, and if you aint on a site you dont charge by the metre..
metre rates are for sites where you turn up, mix up and get it on..
domestic is different, you gotta go price the job, go get the materials, look after the customer, the customers house, the customers driveway and kepp a good name for yourself..
therefore you charge by what the job is worth..
and that works out a lot more per metre than site work..

its insurance work, it is like a site , its all sheeted out and everything is cleared
was just trying to get a guide, i`ve priced it by sight now anyhow.
thanks anyway

if youre taking on that type of work then id expect you be know what your doing, not coming on a forum asking that question? and no, its nothing like site work. every job will be different unless you tell us otherwise? are they council flats/houses? are all the tennants clones? why is it like site work?

if you have taken on that much m8te and you carnt get the bead right you just mite need a pro on there m8te give J.P.S PLASTERING a call i hear there good southend boys ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) just take it slow and do it right or just f**k it up and let the rezzer peek through and say hi m8te you done yet 8)

look, ive been plastering since i left school. to a high standard.i`m 37. Mostly domestic, a bit of site work along the way. hence i dont ever price my work by the meter.If you dont know a meterage price for what i asked then dont bother posting :)

jay, the point is, there really isnt one set in stone..
the best you could do is take an average job, work out your materials and how much you want to do it labour, add them together and divide by the metrage..
theres your rate..
you could be looking at a days work or half a days work depending on the conditions you find when you get there..
its no good going in at site rates then finding the room full of furniture or worse..
electricians...

have any of u lot ever skimmed a house on site u are lucky to get 2.50 per metre on prob only a pound on a dodgey 3 storey stairwell

only if its a small last set for me its 1 coat, other than that ive only ever seen one spread who could one coat and leave a really good finish and get enough on to make it pay

i tried for a bit helps if you wanna get 4 sets on but id rather 2 coat an do a couple of extra hours if i wanna do 4 sets, just wish i could get back on site keep gettin leads then nothing!!!! hopefully got something coming off in bognor next week

3.00 - 3.50 for lids (ceilings) is what you will get as a subbie on price although at the mo rates are closer to 2.00 - 2.50. tackonly onto lids well 2.00 on site but overboard a little more involved. I always measure my centres out and ping string lines on the existing lid to show me exactly where the studs are. sorry i meant joists.

oasis site work is two coat but when gypsum brought out multi they meant for it to be a one coat product i know someone who has been told this by bg's head people

i spoke to one of my m8tes his a spred his on a three bed house at the mo started on thursday sore him on friday done two back rooms hall way and landing and the back room think it will done on tuesday ha ha ha ha ha ha its all over board so get it on and get to the pub

Why do people ask things like "is all site work one coat", in my experience there are both good site spreads and good domestic spreads, but a good site spread can still work to a high standard whilst covering the metres and also tackle the private jobs if they fancy, where as even the good domestic spreads just can't hack the pace on site as a rule. That's not a put down on the private guys it's just that I get fed up with it being made to sound like the site workers are more likely to cut corners and be rough.
I feel a lot better now and am going to go and lay down in a dark room.

Status
Not open for further replies.