Rain damaged mono

Members online

Blade

Hi all , long time no speak

What's your thoughts on this .
Did a mono job last week , next day it lashed down ( not forecast ) who pays to redo , me , builder or client

Tricky

Blade

How

Did a mono job last week , next day it lashed down ( not forecast ) who pays to redo , me , builder or client

Tricky

Blade
How big of an area is it ?

Def not the client. They've hired professionals to do a job properly and that's what they should get.
If the builder was hassling you to do it and you advised against it then it's on him.
If not then unfortunately it's on you. That's why jobs like this shouldn't be done for wages (not saying you've done it cheap).
Loss factors need to be taken into account that's why profit should always be made.
Hopefully it's not to bad and can be sorted with what PFTWales has mentioned.
If not look up Rend it and use there mend rend paint. Cheaper than re render.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the customer.

If it is down to just rain hitting it then it can be down to you for not covering it up but if it is down inadequate guttering or down pipes then the builder.

Bit of a bugger when this happens. I got the same this Monday, only a small area of a foot square where the debris net blew into the wall and caused a wet spot. Colour b;reached in that spot.

Only 16m2 so going to paint it with equalising paint.

I had the same thing happen years ago I knocked £600 off the price and Weber do a paint to match there render so I painted it and it came out a treat . It's all a gamble
Oh well , couple of k down the swanny , in negotiations !

Tricky

Blade
Sneak round undercover of darkness - 'add' some structural cracking by way of a hammer & bolster...bingo, builder has to hack off for you too eml and redo??

try giving it a wash with diluted acid and power wash . this has worked for me in the past
This is what I've done on an occasion,
Diluted ever build mortar stain remover I used with a stiff brush, and hosed it down.
I suppose it depends on the extent of the rain damage, if it's had direct water over it or just splashes of moisture a day later, all different monos act different and have different compositions and lime contents.Lime bloom is a renderers nightmare.

Reactions: Mag