Quote per job or daily rate

The weather is never crap in that part of the world.

@andrew123 - which island?

Don't pooh pooh this job. It'll be an amazing jaunt for someone.

The place looks like this, they know how to drink and it won't be full of lairy Brits. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Dubrovnik-and-the-Dalmatian-Coast--Main-Image--Croatia-Sailing-Holidays-277971450110169_crop_683_341.jpg
Croatia does get cold out of season

If I am going to do a job abroad then I wont be pricing it... It will be day work as there are far far far too many unknowns and it will be a day rate that keeps the wife happy I am away :D

The weather is never crap in that part of the world.

@andrew123 - which island?

Don't pooh pooh this job. It'll be an amazing jaunt for someone.

The place looks like this, they know how to drink and it won't be full of lairy Brits. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Dubrovnik-and-the-Dalmatian-Coast--Main-Image--Croatia-Sailing-Holidays-277971450110169_crop_683_341.jpg
If you was capable lol

I'd be willing to wager that any decent self respecting plasterer willing to travel to Croatia to do this job will turn out A LOT more expensive than getting the most expensive local builder. Bonkers thread.

Count the number of walls the multiply by £40 , this method ,also known as the 'Warty Formula' is fullproof. Seriously though, with the right terms/rates/conditions etc this could possibly be a great job for someone

I will probably do a few days for you as sitting around the pool all day with the mrs will do my box in.

I'd be willing to wager that any decent self respecting plasterer willing to travel to Croatia to do this job will turn out A LOT more expensive than getting the most expensive local builder. Bonkers thread.
Like I said, it's also the availability/quality of local builders and the language

It's on Hvar.

Been to the next one over, Brac. It was brill. You're probably not going to get much of a coherent answer regarding prices here. Some fellas will see it as a busman's holiday and others - the fellas who eat bacon and eggs in Spain - as a monumental pain in the arse.

Can I just ask the lads who have worked abroad whats crack with taking ye tools. With customs and what not

I meant taking your trowel through . I.m guessing you don't buy new over there
I'm guessing, you'd drive 1500mls with 2 of you pals in your van and a machine or 2 plus all your tools to lash it out and clear the balance instead of flying over there with a hawk and trowel on your own, I'm sure you can put any tools into checked in baggage

Customs don't give a feck about it mate
Can I just ask the lads who have worked abroad whats crack with taking ye tools. With customs and what not
Drove the van trough customs with sign writing. He asked me “what you got in the van??” I said plastering tools! He looked at the van and said Oh yeah, carry on!
(I know great story right!)
Great working abroad though.

understood.

ok, now let's make the question more difficult... this job is abroad... how would that generally affect a quote? assuming i pay for travel and accommodation, do people generally charge the same for working away/more as it's hassle/less as they might like a change of scene?
Depends were it is!and if you're prepared to pay me in sangria and have a siesta everyday lol!

Drove the van trough customs with sign writing. He asked me “what you got in the van??” I said plastering tools! He looked at the van and said Oh yeah, carry on!
(I know great story right!)
Great working abroad though.
Got pulled at Dover few years back. 3 n half grand of fags in back . All on credit card . God' were watching over me that days . Let us of but God I felt sick for a while

Bet you smoked them all with the worry!
I.d stopped . That 3500 was mine . Other kid had a load as well. We watched as they took every thing of car in front of us . Just told me they didn' want to see me for 6 months n let us go with everything. Kid who was driving started talking I just said dont talk to me till were out of Dover lol

That's another ballache for the UK plasterer to take on then. Unknown materials they probably haven't used before.