Questions from a weak plastering novice

Members online

SnowWhite89

Hello professionals or experienced DIYers. I need some advice. I am a DIYer in many other areas but not this area. Due to a lack of labor in my area at the moment I've decided I need to learn to get my project proceeding on schedule.

My main concern is the weight of the product. For the shower surround I have decided to use kerdi board as it is light weight and appears very effective. I was prepared to use it on the whole bathroom since it is very small, but have heard on other posts that despite the product being marketed as a possible underlayment to plaster, it is too flexible. The problem is I'm a small woman and can't lift and screw in drywall, especially on the higher parts of the wall. Does anyone know of a light weight product that can be used as drywall that I can then plaster over?

Hello professionals or experienced DIYers. I need some advice. I am a DIYer in many other areas but not this area. Due to a lack of labor in my area at the moment I've decided I need to learn to get my project proceeding on schedule.

My main concern is the weight of the product. For the shower surround I have decided to use kerdi board as it is light weight and appears very effective. I was prepared to use it on the whole bathroom since it is very small, but have heard on other posts that despite the product being marketed as a possible underlayment to plaster, it is too flexible. The problem is I'm a small woman and can't lift and screw in drywall, especially on the higher parts of the wall. Does anyone know of a light weight product that can be used as drywall that I can then plaster over?
@JessThePlasterer

Get a friend or family member to help?

Orrrrr employ a plasterer. I can't believe you live in an area without a single plasterer happy to plasterboard a tiny bathroom. It's a few hours work

Hi
There are lightweight tile backer boards which are almost.line a honycomb and foam construction...these idea for wet areas and can be tiled over but not plastered...they are more expensive than tile board but lighter and easier to cut.
Use these in the wet areas and use handy boards for the other areas or just cut down the 6x3 boards into more manageable sizes but get them.flat for.ypur.plasterer....if.your plastering yourself thennits your house its on your head...

Hi
There are lightweight tile backer boards which are almost.line a honycomb and foam construction...these idea for wet areas and can be tiled over but not plastered...they are more expensive than tile board but lighter and easier to cut.
Use these in the wet areas and use handy boards for the other areas or just cut down the 6x3 boards into more manageable sizes but get them.flat for.ypur.plasterer....if.your plastering yourself thennits your house its on your head...

Something like this

Start boarding at the bottom. Then lift the board, balance on the edge of the first board and hey presto! Easy peasy.

Now woman up and get on with it!

:musculoso:

Why is it these people never return to thank everyone for picking our brains....beyond rude
It’s ok, stay calm now, everything’s fine….she’s just not been back yet to check answers is all :coffe:

(I do agree though. Very rude when members give info for free and you can see they’ve bobbed back and not bothered to acknowledge it)

Did you actually send a forum member a potato in the post
This is what Steve got for Christmas :numberone:

431DB101-A8E2-4C4F-AC3A-1A162307C22A.png