Quality job.

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 23452

Nice work courtesy of @Olican. The customer's a happy bunny and looking forward to getting it painted up.

Attachments

• DSC_0441.jpg
    DSC_0441.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 464
  • DSC_0545.jpg
    DSC_0545.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 477
Who needs sacking the bricky or the bloke that put that bottom bead on (no not the mis match where they join) but something looks wavey. I think its the brickwork?....

Also at @Olican do you not use stuff to cover the brickwork? Thats not a piss take but its only a few quid and saves u trying to clean the bricks off & leaving residue?

Bottom bead on, gaffer tape up to it then polythene tape and when ur done its mint and saves cleaning

The brickwork's got a load of dust and crap on from clearing in front of it. Probably washed off in the rain by now, but there's no mortar or render on it. As for the lines, they're about as crisp and straight as they come.

I'll take a few more pictures next week when I'm down there finishing up and you'll see what I mean.

I did wonder if it was existing mess after i looked again. Pics rarely do jobs justice though to be fair. Do like the head details [emoji106]

Nice finish, bead on top of window is bad and so Is the join between the beads on the dpc, a fussy customer would make you take them off and redo the panel. I would anyway.

Do bear in mind that it's taken on a camera phone from an angle. If you look the bottom of the window looks bowed down in the middle and the extension looks lower in the centre than the ends too. Everyone is happy with it, and the customer thinks that it's £8k well spent on the rendering.

I take it there is a couple of other larger panels then for it to amount up to 8k either that or I'm seriously undercutting myself
The front that you can see, plus the two end walls of the extension which are 2.5 metres deep and run from 2.5 metres high at the front to 3 metres high where they meet the house.

I probably shouldn't have put the price on before asking @Olican, but I'm sure he won't mind?

The front that you can see, plus the two end walls of the extension which are 2.5 metres deep and run from 2.5 metres high at the front to 3 metres high where they meet the house.

I probably shouldn't have put the price on before asking @Olican, but I'm sure he won't mind?
It'll make him smile ..

What ! like a dog's back leg. How can squint beading be a bang on job, I don't mean the detail on the bead I mean the straightness of the thing

Glad its not just me. Head on the right looks sad on the left hand side. Frowning.

Im not perfect but i wouldn't have used that pic for the thread "quality job" might just be bad pic though and we've all looked at a bead after and though b*ll***s thats dropped/twisted. Plastic beads aren't exactly easy to get perfect. Not slating the job i've done better and i've done worse. Im sure there's plenty of legends that have never left a sad bead but im not 1 of em.

No offence intended to any heroes or legends and certainly not trying to knock ur work @Olican i was actually blaming the bricky and if i was really fussy i'd have mentioned that the two doors don't fit well either. If i was fussy & paying the money.

Its a shame i can't edit my own posts yet because i regretted writing it straight after. I'd had a few last night and my head was sore so was a bit grumpy.

Nice finish, bead on top of window is bad and so Is the join between the beads on the dpc, a fussy customer would make you take them off and redo the panel. I would anyway.

Yep bead looks to be on the piss above the window, and at the dpc line.

But put any picture up on here and you'll get shot down, by rendering 'pro's'

Builder took the scaff down 10 minutes after we finished for another job,insulation balls stuck all over it,there's a hand print off the plumber top left

Attachments

• WP_20141111_001.jpg
    WP_20141111_001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 309
  • WP_20141111_002.jpg
    WP_20141111_002.jpg
    886.2 KB · Views: 318
Status
Not open for further replies.