Qualified but still green :( Newcastle

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Pick

I have just passed my city and guilds level 2 along with my nvq level 2 in plastering. Still very green and just want the chance to work along side sum one do not mind labouring if thats what it takes. Very hard working and self motivated traveld all the way to london to make this happen sum one please help if they can thanks

Thank you for your support am really keen it just seems such a hard trade to get into thought it would be easy am a labour that can plaster lol cheaper for a plasterer and i can help where i can but what do i no lol am trying my best and will carry on doing so just hope sumthing comes up .

Hi Martin
Im new on here as well and based in Gateshead now but from Newcastle. Do you mind me asking where you did your C&G/NVQ as I'm just about to do the same in a few weeks.

Thank you for your support am really keen it just seems such a hard trade to get into thought it would be easy am a labour that can plaster lol cheaper for a plasterer and i can help where i can but what do i no lol am trying my best and will carry on doing so just hope sumthing comes up .

Welcome martin ! Happy u finally got on here , had a good chat with you ! Very keen lad here chaps , pitty i cant really help atm but just to anyone that can help him , seems like a geat lad to me :)

Harry i went down to stapleford essex to do mine and it cost an arm and a leg but its what i wanted to do have a look at it goldentrowl the training provided was great amd really intense. Hope it goes well and
ct plastering thank you very much means alot mate

Cheers Martin. Good luck with work. When I first got into plastering I worked for free labouring for a few plasterers and learned loads worth it's wait in gold. It opened my eyes to how much I didn't know but drives you to learn and improve. I was lucky I was fitting worktops and met lots of people around newcastle to try and get experience from. You might just have to pester people and ring a few property maintenance companies around newcastle and see if you can get some of their skimming work. I would start on a low daily rate to get the jobs and go from there. Once you get a few contacts who rate your work and attitude you will be amazed how much work will come your way although often they might expect you to be flexible but you can up your rate once in demand. Biggest thing I learned when starting out is to recognise when you might be out of your depth on a job and don't take it on if in doubt!

Fantastic advice mate really is. This is what i love about this forum little comments like that pick you up and make you see the light at the end of the tunnel thanks mate.

the toruble with plastering is that it is often father/son uncles etc etc that work together... thats why its hard to get into :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.