PVA question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greig

Hello everyone,

i was just wondering what you guys do in regards to PVA for re-skimming existing plaster. I normally primer coat wait to dry then adhesive coat which is fine for what I'm doing just now as I can crack on with other stuff waiting for priming coat to dry but what do you do if you're going to a job that's just skimming one wall, do you prime coat the night before or just hang about for it to dry before adhesive coat?

Maybe a stupid question but last few years I've been normally renovating flats so its never really been an issue.

Thanks very much in advance for any advice

Hardly use pva ,if poss blue grit or wba the day before then turn up and crack on , no need to pva and waitin about.:RpS_thumbup:

nothing worse than when you trowel up and the pva and skim peels off:RpS_cursing:

i try and pva(seal)the day before but its not always possible.i only have access to sbr and pva:RpS_crying:

I bet it completely throws you if you have to give it 3 coats.......**** it sorry can't do the job im not sure what to do really really sorry lol

I always use pva on re skims ,just make sure that what you are re skimming is sound and any loose plaster has been sorted out ,then apply pva and when tacky skim away .Don't see the need to pva the day before .

If you have to wait that long for it to dry it only needs the one coat.

Stick a heater in the room & shut the doors, soon drys it.
Can't believe people sit & wait for pva to dry lol.
Force dry it! :RpS_thumbup:

Or do a JJ & use artex sealer, drys even quicker than pva.

in the winter i have a little heater as nisus said and i just glue up then go have a cuppa and a smoke whilst the heater does the bizzo

if you pva it right it should all be tacky at same time and when skimming over artex the last thing you want is a shiny dry surface

I try and do that then when I go to pick up the roller I realise ive just dunked it back in the bucket

Bit more info on BG site about unifinish. Looks like they are saying it will take to any background. But you lot can use it first and let me know!

im hardly using pva now started using blue grip £22 from my local jtf warehouse
and been asking about this unifinish local merchants don't know if there going stock it cos they say its to expensive

ok cas ill believe ya haha, im only jokeing mate ive no doubt this new product will be shite specially when they cnt get right a product they have been selling for years and years

AS far as i know, the 3 bags of uni finish are still sticking to the non PVA'd artexed ceiling i did over a week ago.

as i'm on a fixed wage and can spend what time i see fit on a job,i tend to give walls a flik of pva,them skim with bonding(keeping it flat)then skim with finish.
find this holds back any crap..

Status
Not open for further replies.