Pumping Site mixed Lime Mortars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie11

Hi all,

I work exclusively with site mixed lime mortars with sand sizes up to 6mm. I have been looking into getting a diesel plastering machine. I had a guy demo a putzmeiser Sp11 but I was not happy with the water content of the lime mortar needed for the pump.

Has anyone here experience of pumping site mixed lime mortars, if so what additive are you using to increase the fluidity of the mortar instead of water? Someone has recommended soap to me, is anyone familiar with this? Is the Sp11 the best machine for the job or are there other contenders for the job?

I'm looking into machines for pumping site mixed Lime atm too. The amount of water added does seem To be an issue. Do you only hand apply currently? Are you looking at the diesel machines due to the quantity your doing or could you use an electric machine?

Hi Guys,

We would recommend either the Lancy PH9S or the Pragma 12s 9LD. Both are exceptional machines and capable of doing what you require.

If you require more info on these machines and how to solve your water issue please give us a call on 01242 236699, ask to speak to Andy and he will be happy to help.

Hi all,

what additive are you using to increase the fluidity of the mortar instead of water? Someone has recommended soap to me, is anyone familiar with this? /QUOTE]

when they recommended soap to you what they are talking about is fairy liquid or feb mix.

We apply by hand for the scratch and float coats and use a render gun for scudding and for a dashed finish if required and sometimes for dubbing out.

The reason for a diesel machine is that we work at heights a lot so it should save on a considerable amount of labour if you are rendering an 18m high tower of if you cant set up the mix near to where you are working.

Status
Not open for further replies.