Pumping Jub

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigsby

TPF Special Forces
Had a go at spraying Jub yesterday but had a problem?

Pre wetted the r&s and the 15m hose. Pumped it through on speed 3 (took forever) and when it came out of the end of the pipe I put the gun on and Nothing! It was blocked!

The gun was clean, no material entered it. The gauge had just gone in the red. Took the gun off and put the Ritmo in reverse and that got the needle down on the gauge. Got some back but not a lot. Washed the pipe out and started again.

Second attempt it did it again but this time wet the pipe out with loads of Fairy in it.It blocked just as it was about to come out of the pipe. The last metre of the pipe felt rock hard. So a few whacks with a lump hammer and under it's own pressure a stiffish lump of Jub comes out and the rest is fine.

The Jub had 1 1/2 mugs of water added to the bucket full. This was a trial for applying Jub by machine rather than by hand on larger area's. Also a go at texture finish at the same time when time allowed but that's another story.

Anyone any idea what caused the blockage? And does it have to be speed 3 to pump it through the pipe, why not speed 10, it would be a lot quicker.

Spraying was at 0.

I use a 19mm hose and find it always blocks in that where as the 25mm isn't an issue, just send the purge hose down to break it up.

I use a 19mm hose and find it always blocks in that where as the 25mm isn't an issue, just send the purge hose down to break it up.

We realized the second time that the blockage is just before the end of the pipe so a purge pipe will work if a hammer wont.

But this being Jub, what causes it to stiffen up? And this was watered down, if it was textured it would probably be neat.

I don't know really, all I can think of is that the wet part of the material lines the inner wall of the pipe as it first travels through. This would then create a wall of aggregate bunching up as it's stripped of its lube as it travels along the pipe.

So a purge pipe at the ready if the hammer doesn't work.

What about the pumping through the pipe speed? Can it be a faster speed?

You need the patience of a Saint at speed 3

Put the hammer down you're not a cave man, just have the purge ready.

We realized the second time that the blockage is just before the end of the pipe so a purge pipe will work if a hammer wont.

But this being Jub, what causes it to stiffen up? And this was watered down, if it was textured it would probably be neat.
What you using. Nano, xng, unixcil?

Purge pipe is a thin rigid pipe that slides down ur material pipe, its connected to water and the jet will break through the blockage.
Any water left in the pipe will cause the gear to seggregate and block,usually at a joint. Keep the pipe as flat and level as possible with the end close to the machine so u can view the pressure guage and reach controls rapidly to turn it of. Send gear through and monitor the pressure guage. If it spikes turn machine off immediately ,leave pressure in pipeand send up purge hose. Watch guage to see pressure drop and carry on sending it through. Repeat if necessary and dont add guns or more pipes until materials are through
Once you got the gear through there will be no more issues

I don't know really, all I can think of is that the wet part of the material lines the inner wall of the pipe as it first travels through. This would then create a wall of aggregate bunching up as it's stripped of its lube as it travels along the pipe.

I forgot to add, we started pumping through on speed 3 first time but got bored and upped it to 4.5. The second time was 4.5 from the start.

Why speed 3 for filling the pipe? Do you think the faster priming speed contributed to the blockages?

Status
Not open for further replies.