pumped insulation v sheets

cooptaza

Not sure if this has been done before. But I am building and need some quick advice.
I am going for 150mm cavity. I was thinking of pumping the cavity with the beads and using the 50mm insulation & plasterboard on the inside of the house along the external walls.

There is another option which is 145mm insulation board which near fills the cavity completely and it is pushed up tight against the inner cavity wall stopping any cold spots.

Anyone got any experiences with any of these.

geothermal & under floor heating is also going in.

the problem with pumping is you can not see what you are doing only guess work. i would fit the insulation as the brickwork goes up.

Anyone else heard about all this free loft insulation now being removed as its causing houses serious condensation as it can't breathe?? Sorry to go off subject

don't think anyone knows the correct answer to the cavity insulation.
Yea the free loft insulation condensation happened to me. The feckers installed it right to the corners stopping the air getting in. Went up there one day and the rafters were dripping wet

don't think anyone knows the correct answer to the cavity insulation.
Yea the free loft insulation condensation happened to me. The feckers installed it right to the corners stopping the air getting in. Went up there one day and the rafters were dripping wet
Nightmare sorry to hear

Anyone else heard about all this free loft insulation now being removed as its causing houses serious condensation as it can't breathe?? Sorry to go off subject

It's the installation not the insulation that's the problem.

Piling it up and stuffing down to the eaves blocking air flow is the worst thing to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk