Pricing !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skim_I

Hi guys when to see a job today for reskiming a 4 bedroom house its over artex haven’t had a job like this for a while. I have done a rough price on the days it will take and it comes close to £3000 with material. Do you think this is a fair price ??

well if an average double bedroom or front room is 4-500quid to skim then your price doesnt sound to far off matey, hard to say without seeing the actual job though, if its empty it would be easy, if theres loads of sheeting up to do then could be more.. etc/ etc/ but Im sure you have priced it right!

only you know how much you are gonna do each day!

Hello Mate
Price seems ok but what you have to be aware of, is on big jobs like this ,you can lose them to a 2-1 gang, they will be able to price it abit lower but do it much quicker so actually earn more money for the time on the job. May be worth asking someone to come in with you

Hi Guys thanks for the quick reply. The house is occupied which means alot of dust sheet which is a pain but I'm trying to get them to stager the job if i get it .

If house is occupied with carpets that are staying and furnsihed like it sounds.
it wil be a night mare .
Moving furniture all around. Been there many a time pal!!!!
If they offer to do it ....they will for first couple of rooms but soon get board or they will slow u up.
Sounds a little cheap if under these circumstances.
But its work.So get on with it.

just price it by the room, with everything cleared and then stick 100 quid on top for each room for furniture removal and storage :)

average 4 bed has 10 rooms with hsl toilets ensuites kitchen lounges etc ?
So if u gotta mess about moving s**t around and being carefull its a day a room maximum.
So 10 days at £200 = £2000 labour + mats on a 4 bed.
so mats 40 bags finnish £200
sheeting £50
backing plaster £30
beads £20
pva wba £50
skrim screws board sundries £50

So there you have it £2400

Soz edited as i forgot to mention thats how to price it if you want the job .Becuase thats what youl be comepting against. if ur not to bothered £3000

Last edited:
average 4 bed has 10 rooms with hsl toilets ensuites kitchen lounges etc ?
So if u gotta mess about moving s**t around and being carefull its a day a room maximum.
So 10 days at £200 = £2000 labour + mats on a 4 bed.
so mats 40 bags finnish £200
sheeting £50
backing plaster £30
beads £20
pva wba £50
skrim screws board sundries £50

So there you have it £2400

Soz edited as i forgot to mention thats how to price it if you want the job .Becuase thats what youl be comepting against. if ur not to bothered £3000

A room a day is alright if empty and preped, but some rooms you might not do in a day, and the h/s/l you wouldn't do in a day, unless i tiny one...

I wish i could get these prices, my mate charges near on £4000 sometimes more to plaster an average 3-4 bed house, and gets them all the time....I done my mates 3 bed last year for $1500 supply as a favour and that took about 9 to 10 days.....I would love to get prices like that, i definitely think it's how you carry yourself and price the job, my mate seems to get good prices a lot.........I'm going to start priceing them like that, **** it!!!!

Dont matter how you price it , by the day , room or meter someone will under cut you

Hi guys the people have just moved in to the house about 4 weeks ago and have put the furniture to place plus they have just had a baby . I think now that it could be a nightmare job to do myself i think I'll give it a miss. Thank you for the advice guys

Status
Not open for further replies.