Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtybill

Whats the generally accepted price per m2 for skimming?

Got a job on and im wondering what is reasonable, been a while since i did any private work.

Id just work out how long its going take plus materials. i never price jobs on sqm, thats more site work.

Shut up Kurt the fellow just come on here asking for prices for skimming FFS if he dont how to do that he should shove his trowel up his arse or let Spunky do it for him, I thought Danny was going to do something about this?

Shut up Kurt the fellow just come on here asking for prices for skimming FFS if he dont how to do that he should shove his trowel up his arse or let Spunky do it for him, I thought Danny was going to do something about this?

If this is a forum rule then i apologise, you clearly have a problem with it.

dry yer eyes

bill some people have an issue discussing prices on the open forum and also with people who have only just joined the forum asking for advice on pricing jobs.

personally I dont have a problem with this.

Maybe yu should get to know the lads first mate .... introduce yourself!!!.

Rich

Righto, i done the introduction bit already in the section it's meant for.

I have been in the trade 13yrs and i served my time as a slater plasterer however like i said peviously the bulk of my work is in external render ie roughcast work and render systems, i do traditional as and when required and skimming also however as my work has been predominantly external recently i have kinda fell out the way of pricing hence the reason for asking, i will know better in future.

Nice one !.

Dont be put off the forum mate there are a lot of sound people on here, I think Lucius is on his period this week :)

Nice one !.

Dont be put off the forum mate there are a lot of sound people on here, I think Lucius is on his period this week :)

I wont be mate, hoping to pick up some tips on here from some experienced guys and it's always good to have somewhere to seek advice when needed (as long as its not prices) :)

Seen mates do it from 2-3 squid a square metre labour only. They did a job last week for 5.50 sqm lab and supply. Me mate who does private work charges 130 a day cash or 150 through the books...for a fair days work. I don't do that kind of work.. so what do I know

Seen mates do it from 2-3 squid a square metre labour only. They did a job last week for 5.50 sqm lab and supply. Me mate who does private work charges 130 a day cash or 150 through the books...for a fair days work. I don't do that kind of work.. so what do I know
what sort of work do you do robbin

If your re skimming just work on the day rate or by the hour. With regards to gear what you need its easy pva, multi and beads,then think about sundries sheets,masking tape etc. .

I've got a mate who always does private work, he thinks he is cheap by charging £100 a bag of multi applied !!!!

Sorry dont even remember writing that, think ime losing it.

Welcome to the forum :)

Yes prices can be a touchy subject... and Lucius play nice :)

Hope you enjoy the forum

Danny

You need to be asking anything from £100-£200 per shift. Any self employed tradesman worth his salt should be able to command it.

Status
Not open for further replies.