Priced a job up,got to laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordon

Went to price a job up today,Porch ceiling & Walls about 15m2,Hallway 20ft x 10ft Walls & ceiling,lounge ceiling & Walls 20ft x 12ft,small bathroom Walls only,kitchen Walls & dining room Walls.Good weeks work,lovely women (Chinese),gave her a price £850.00,turns round and says I was thinking more like £600.00 it's only skimming and won't take long!,nearly fell over laughing.We agree I won't budge so she accepts the price and says you start Monday yes!,the windows in the kitchen need taking out first and the plumber & sparky still to commence work,I told her 3 times im not available until mid May as busy but she couldn't grasp what I was saying.Chuckled all the way home that she thought I'd drop everything and start just like that.

and thats before you start the job!....p.s if you ever need a hand give us a bell mate ;)

Wow what she complaining about thats a good price...i priced up a hallway stairs and landing the other day for 840 incl mats thats before i even start the other rooms...then again it was all fiddly.

Pricing up is when you price the upstairs or upper levels of a building. Pricing down is when you price up the ground floor or lower levels. Make sure u get it the right way round m8 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.